History of Violence

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Guest, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I went and saw the movie history of violence tonight and i thought it was pretty good. Its not a movie to take kids to a lot of violence of course and sex it was pretty greusome. But i thought a pretty good movie. Has anyone seen Lord of War? Was it any good? :D

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Here we are in Hurricane alley.............Wilma intercepting my town, east coast Fl ...... third hurricane in two years........I need to make up a tee shirt. Ground zero x3 or something...........coffee's on its supposed to be sunny and the wind is picking up...hopefully the electric will stay on most of the day...............

"Lord of War" was a very good movie......well worth the ticket. Lots of social commentary along with a good script and acting.....some violence and guns of course.......ending was excellent.... go see it........ but not today :lol:

3. madecov

madecov Active Member

Lord of War was great. Almost an entertaining documentary.

It really wasn't typical Hollywood anti gun.

When it hits DVD it's mine.

If you liked national treasure you'll like Nic in this one.

4. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

Stay

As long as we are talking movie reviews....i saw "Stay" on Sat. Psychological thriller.....sort of....not very thrilling, and not very good.....bombed at the box office as well...

if you get the chance to rent this when it comes out...skip it anyway....

5. Flashpoint

Flashpoint New Member

I went to The Curse of the Were-Rabbit starring Wallace & Gromit. Not a bad movie, the kids liked it. The protagonist used a high-powered hunting rifle to hunt the Were-Rabbit with 24 Karat bullets. Its was kind of an anti-hunting movie, but it seemed it needed to be that way to make the plot work.

6. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

I didn't make it to see "History of Violence," I'm waiting on "Jarhead" for my next trip to the movie theaters.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

ya jar head looks good

8. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

JarHead should be a good movie, but I wonder if it will be Anti-War.........feels like it from the clips...........................but even the good anti war movies like Lord of War turn out to be entertaining as long as the information is not inaccurate to support someone's view .....