Hi Y'all,

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by getlost, Jul 29, 2019.

1. getlost

getlost New Member

I am involved in a 10,000 round test and evaluation of the new Steyr L9-A2 MF. I have personally run several thousand rounds through the MF without a single failure. I will post updates as the evaluation continues. At over 6000 rounds it's performance has been very impressive.

Until the next thousand,

2. SurfGent

SurfGent Well-Known Member

Great ?

jhb likes this.

3. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Who are you testing for ? USA or Austria

SurfGent likes this.
  4. getlost

getlost New Member

T&E is LE use.

5. Detonics

Detonics New Member

Looking forward to your updates, I have over 10,000 rds in my M9 and still going strong.

SurfGent likes this.
  6. Case

Case Well-Known Member

Interesting since steyr already has done a 20k round test, And speaking with their PR department today there are still only the original 5 test guns in the country. What LE are you testing for ?

SurfGent and Michael Dobesch like this.
  7. getlost

getlost New Member

I was unaware there were only 5 of these in the country. Now I truly feel privileged to be a part of this testing and evaluation program. From the tone of your message and the fact you made a call to Steyr, it would suggest that you questioning the validity of my post. So I am posting a closeup of my thumbnail with the MF. I don't feel at liberty to disclose information on the program, I am sure that information will be released in the future. A2 MF.jpg

Detonics likes this.
  8. Case

Case Well-Known Member

A little. Cents iam a Steyr Armor and own Tnsteyr . I just found it suspicious after looking at the picture , that the serial number matches the MF that I was working with and working on prototype parts for. Along with the PR department not being aware of any testing going on at this time . And know I did call about you to steyr USA . With the work I'm doing now for them & with them. This kind of my job to be in the know as best as possible. If your testing for a LE department I fine it interesting. I only know of 4 or 5 departments in the USA that are using the Steyrs now . So you had my attention. That is all

SurfGent likes this.
  9. Case

Case Well-Known Member

10. SurfGent

SurfGent Well-Known Member

11. getlost

getlost New Member

What type of work are you doing for Steyr? The corporation I am assisting in the testing and evaluation of the MF for LE use is working to develope the market place to take the Steyr MF series to a whole new level. We are scheduled to run 1500 rounds through the MF today and the COO of the company will be present, I will mention your post.

12. getlost

getlost New Member

With a little luck we will see them this month. Can hardly wait to have my own though. Do you have one on order?

13. getlost

getlost New Member

I will post an update in the upcoming days on todays scheduled 1500 run through the MF. I have an M9 also and absolutely love it! Best Austrian handgun on the market.

14. Case

Case Well-Known Member

They are going to start being available 8.15.19
    The 1st ones are going to be at open house

Michael Dobesch likes this.
  15. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Welcome.
    Any further news?

SurfGent likes this.
  16. Case

Case Well-Known Member

The L9-A2MF is out and available. But the first 3 batches have be sold there are some available but limited. We all are still waiting for the M to be available.

SurfGent likes this.
  17. getlost

getlost New Member

Latest info from Steyr is July.