Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a newcomer to this group (and now that the grandkids have gone home I have some free time this Christmas morning) I thought that I would introduce myself. I have been a Steyr Mannlicher user since way back ... 1972 if I remember correctly. My first was a .243 and over the years I have owned (still own) a .222 Model SL Varmint, a mean green 7.62 x 51mm/.308 SSG69 P1, a .308 Luxus and my all-time favourite, a 9.3 x 62mm Luxus. I do have other rifles, but I suppose that you could call me a Steyr man at heart. I am a target shooter and hunter and like to shoot small groups when on the range. Since I shortened and re-crowned my SSG to 22" it regularly shoots sub quarter MOA with South African PMP military grade ammo ... if I am up to the task. Have a great Christmas break.

·
Registered
29 Posts
As a newcomer to this group (and now that the grandkids have gone home I have some free time this Christmas morning) I thought that I would introduce myself. I have been a Steyr Mannlicher user since way back ... 1972 if I remember correctly. My first was a .243 and over the years I have owned (still own) a .222 Model SL Varmint, a mean green 7.62 x 51mm/.308 SSG69 P1, a .308 Luxus and my all-time favourite, a 9.3 x 62mm Luxus. I do have other rifles, but I suppose that you could call me a Steyr man at heart. I am a target shooter and hunter and like to shoot small groups when on the range. Since I shortened and re-crowned my SSG to 22" it regularly shoots sub quarter MOA with South African PMP military grade ammo ... if I am up to the task. Have a great Christmas break.
Thank You for posting! That is quite a Steyr list and the best part is the small groups part. Good goal for me too and also likely others.
Am reading just after Christmas, is now already early New Year's Eve. Hope You had a Merry Christmas and have an enjoyable and safe New Year!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts