HEY XD owners!

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by ministerofdeath, Apr 25, 2005.

1. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

Looking to buy a new pistol for summer time concealed carry and I am trying to narrow it down to either an XD Springfield in .40 caliber or an S-40.

Does anyone own either of the above pistols and what are your feelings about their performance?

2. Ripped

Ripped New Member

yep
    [​IMG]

Steyr s40 is more accurate for me. and has a better finish on the slide. as XD`s are notrious for rusting after time.

3. hihoslva

hihoslva New Member

The Steyr is a lot less "chunky" than the XD. I believe it may be slimmer, too, making carry easier.

I also prefer the Steyr trigger - but then again, I prefer the Steyr trigger to just about all pistols in its class.

4. Matches

Matches New Member

I almost got a XD instead of my M9. The final factor was that the $200 difference in price buy quite a bit of ammo. I dont regret my decision for a minute.

Matches

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I have 3 XD's and they're great! Steyr is great too of course. You won't go wrong with either.

6. ministerofdeath

ministerofdeath New Member

Ok, now I hear tell that Steyr may be coming out with an SA1 should I wait? I'd hate to get an S and then a month later out comes the new SA1.

7. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

that is unconfirmed based on a pic scanned from a catalouge of unknown date and origin.

8. Ripped

Ripped New Member

flachef. i have also heard that the s series is coming back online supposedly after one year of the m1a`s release.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Bear in mind that if it follows tha M version the SA1 will NOT have the trigger guard safety, which I think is the niftiest safety out there - although the HK P7 is also pretty cool I confess.

The only reason I don't intend to use this if I carry the Steyr (only got a holster for it yesterday!) is to make it functionally the same as the Glock 19 and Kahr PM9 I also carry - so muscle memory can take over under stress and not vary. If the S9 were the only gun I'd ever carry I would keep the safety on as an extra precaution as it really is slick to use. I still practice with it on at the range and have no trouble getting the shots off in the same time as the Glock (actually marginally faster because I'm better with the Steyr sights) wven disengaging the safety as I bring the gun to ready. However as has often been said targets aren't firing back.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

I have a XD9SC, it's really nice but not a slim as a S9.

I have XD40SC mags for it and it now holds 12 rds, not bad for a pocket rocket. Also, I have a few of my friends shot it and they couldn't believe how soft it shoots. I think the dual capture recoil rod have something to do with it.

Very good accuracy from a 3" barrel. light weight and excellent warranty. SA has a package deal now where you can get a SC with two 10 rd, a regular full size 14rd mag with extension/pinkie grip, and a holster with it.