Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just thought I'd check in, I tend to lurk, read a lot but decided to "take the plunge", this seems like a great forum and TONS of info.

I've read quite a few posts where other members were having complications with their Steyrs and that got me to thinking (dangerous I know)
I have an M9-A1 and its a 1st...gen? series? (Non roller) #40xxx, and she's always worked great outta the box, no probs, no jams, no modifications etc, I just clean her after each use.
Now maybe it's nothing, but after reading a bunch of these posts about issues I thought I'd just ask.
On the fired brass my extractor tends to put a nick or scratch on the rim of the brass (not a problem to me Id rather have the brass ripped out than a jam at that "life or death moment") it's minor at best and would file off in one pass, but what do you guys think, potential future problem? Need the "updated" extractor? Or Leave it be, I'm bring paranoid?
Thanks ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364067815.377345.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hey! Welcome to the club. I'm new here to, but the people are nice and very helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya E*B* :)

If ya got no problems, "Great!"

Not all did or do. <shrug>

Just keep 'er clean, lubed, an' feed 'er good ammo. :thumbsup:

Welcome ta The Club! :thumbsup:

Wulf <-- still listenin' ta Uncle Ted

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
E.B. the dot you're showing is caused by the ejector, not the extractor. The extractor grabs the rim, the ejector is the piece of metal which strikes the base of the case and causes it to fly out of the ejection port. No worries at all!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya ETH*

Hey, taka better look at those spent cases...are those marks from the LCI? It looks kinda like it to me an' E*B*'s gotta older model M9-A1 with the LCI. Usta hava pic...hold on...wait for it...OK!

Yeah, this was from the primer smear thread, but the LCI indicator marks are clearly visible in this pic, as well. <shrug>

Whatya think?

Wulf <-- :popcorn:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wulf I think you're on to something, I didn't even think about the loaded chamber indicator.
That lil "dot" and "tab or nick" of metal sticking out on just lip of the rim in your pic looks almost exactly like my brass.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
E.B. the dot you're showing is caused by the ejector, not the extractor. The extractor grabs the rim, the ejector is the piece of metal which strikes the base of the case and causes it to fly out of the ejection port. No worries at all!
Hey ETH, I didn't see your post until now, thank you for the heads up on the ejector, I just assumed the extractor was responsible.
I'm down to 2 mags full of 9mil (plus 2) sooo ill be saving it, til I can locate many, many more boxes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts