Here's a thought

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by madecov, Apr 15, 2007.

1. madecov

madecov Active Member

Over on the M&P board someone mentioned that the M&P fits in the MA1 holster.
    Just curious if the MA1 will fit the M&P holster :?: :?:

Anyone have an M&P holster and MA1 and care to try?

2. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

I'm Your huckleberry! kinda. :roll:

The M&P fits great in Glock17 holsters(so does sig p226r!), but the steyr has to be forced in and is way to tight. :( On the other-hand Steyr M357-A1 fits great in XD .45 holsters. The muzzle on the Steyr M-A1(XD too!) is much more square and wider.
    _______
    mugdava

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Let me see if I get this:
    M&P = G17
    Steyr \=\ G17
    Steyr = XD and
    rumor that M&P = Steyr.
    Therefore, we need to know if XD = M&P and if Steyr \=\ G17 is false (that is, Steyr = G17)
    :?
    Where is Sherlock when you really need him.

4. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

wow... should have paid attention in statistics class. does this mean the two trains will collide in akron or dallas?

i can't believe comp-tactical doesn't do the a1 series.

maybe it would take a big minimum order for them to do it. but i can't see getting a blue gun and going through the mold process as prohibitively expensive on their end. but i never made a mold for a kydex holster. so what do i know?

i can't upgrade to the a1 series until i can get a c-tac though. better make a phone call.

5. mugdava

mugdava Premium Member

Hey SELFDEFENSE!

Sorry! some months ago, when I was looking for holsters, I couldn't find any M&P holsters. So I tried everything the store had looking for an OK fit. I found a Galco G17 Cop series that fit The M&P(and Sig P226R) perfectly. The Steyr and XD don't fit it, but both fit the Galco XD holster perfectly. If I had to guess I'd say the Steyr would not fit an M&P holster.

6. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

I've emailed, calling should help too.

JB says it's going to happen eventually, but not soon. I think that one committed large initial order might change his mind. I would definitely buy one. 'Taco, you think setting up a group buy might fly?

7. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

if i had the cash i'd order 100 of them and just sit on them til people needed them. i recall the c-tac for steyr being @$90 though. for $9,000 you guys are on your own finding holsters. :D

we could call and find out what kind of an order it would take to get a mold done. i believe once the mold is done, they can just crank them out on a small run basis. might be as few as 20 commited purchasers. might be 100.

we steyr owners just don't generate the kind of volume purchasing that makes manufacturing aftermarket accessories particularly effecient.

any interest in starting a list of "comitted purchasers". and when we reach their number, we'll all send them the cash at the same time up front? that way he has his costs covered before he does the hard part. and then he has the hard part done so no reason not to make them for the a-1.

i don't even have an a-1...yet :wink: and i'd go ahead and buy one if it would get comp-tac in our list of holster manufacturers. comp-tac rocks for those that don't know. i ordered an m holster and they said it would be about 2 weeks. it showed up in three days!!! fit finish and function are outstanding.

sound good? ya'll speak up.

8. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

CTAC or Infidel, probably both, I'm down for. I've wanted a CTAC since before I even started carrying.