Here is my new baby and my VERY first DIY Kydex holster.

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by southernfryedyankee, Feb 9, 2013.

1. southernfryedyankee

southernfryedyankee New Member

This is the Steyr S9A1 sub compact model, amazing feel in the hand, amazing trigger, better than ANY Glock I have ever fired. She came with 2 10 rd clips and a nice case. The trapezoid sights are going to be a hit (no pun intended), target acquisition is very fast and I cannot wait to get her to the range.
    As far as the holster, because I have some background with sheath making it definitely helped me with my first holster adventure. I was able to get very crisp lines but the ejection port indentation was so ferkin tight I had to loosen it so I lost a tiny bit of definition. I am going to tweak the belt loops, the leather straps were just a quick idea I had to get a general feel for how the holster would feel, it will take some getting used to but I will manage with SAFE practice. I plan to get my CCW ASAP. This holster was not designed for concealed carry but if I switch the belt loops to the front it might just work.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Okie67

Okie67 Member

Congrats on the S9-A1 and not a bad job with your first time making a Kydex.The trap sights are different at first but you will get used to them the more you shoot it.

3. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Good work, but from practical experience, I'd recommend that you put leather next to your body. Here in Houston I sweat like a race horse and without the leather, I'd have drips running down my leg. "Hey big boy, are you wearing a Kydex holster, or are you really glad to see me..."