Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up - but I'm happy getting 3 of these for price of two-17 rounders! Surprised they had them, I guess Steyr's don't have the popularity here that they should....

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya nick*

Uh, if ya can score somma the new "Plus" mag baseplates, those 15-rounders will go to 17-rounders, FYI.

Take care, Bro. :)

Wulf <-- back to 'is late supper

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hey thanx *tax* for always havin' my back, Bro...you ROCK! :thumbsup:

I was wrong about these 2 different mag bodies having interchangeable baseplates so that rules out the possibility of converting from 15-rounders to 17-rounders with a simple baseplate swap.

Sorry Guys, my bad.

And, I PM'd a few Club Bros that they could go from new 15-rd ambi-mags to 17-rounders by makin' that plus mag baseplate swap. Forgive me, Guys?...whoever ya are?

I don't recall gettin' any PM's back from anyone to the contrary so if its a case of not wantin' to embarrass me, screw that. I'd rather be proven wrong in public than to continue to hand out bad info in private.

I am a bit confused, tho so maybe you can help me out, *tax*?

When the 15-round ambi-mags showed up on the scene, quickly followed by the 17-rounder ambi-mags, the 17-rounders still only had a 15-rd hole count, the difference being the "plus mag baseplate" and a different spring allowing for a +2 more capacity. So, does that mean that Steyr's 1st go at the 15-rd ambi-mag design is different than a 2nd 15-rd ambi-mag design with a mag body change?

BTW, if anyone has a 17-rd ambi-mag with a 17-rd hole count, plz post a pic. TY in advance. :thumbsup:

Oh, and the last 17-rd ambi-mags I got from Trellix only had 15-rd hole counts, but held 17 rounds. I know cause I checked it out for myself. I recall that the 17th round was very difficult and I was happy to have my Uplala for the excercise. <shrug>

Thanx again, *tax* for helpin' me keep it real, Bro.

Wulf <-- cookin' up some bacon ta go with the egg on 'is face

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Be careful with that bacon Wulf, I've heard tell that in CO there are some wimmin who turn into Mannlichers if there's bacon involved. Not that you'd ever git involved with such types, just say'n.

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Hiya ETH*

Hell, I sometimes just sit next ta the stove an' eat the bacon soon as its crisp til I just run outta bacon. <shrug> Its my favorite veggie! :thumbsup:

And, plz don't get me mixed up with them peanutbutter abusin' bia**hes. :mad:

Hava great weekend, Bro. :)

Wulf <-- thinkin', "hmmm...there's a sale on peanutbutter at Walmart today...mayb a kewl place ta hang out for a bit, checkin' out the gals, mayb pick up some more bacon while I'm there...."

Be careful with that bacon Wulf, I've heard tell that in CO there are some wimmin who turn into Mannlichers if there's bacon involved. Not that you'd ever git involved with such types, just say'n.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
BWahahahshhs!

e <--- wiping coffee from monitor

1 - 9 of 9 Posts