Hello Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Waltherfan01, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

Hey all!

I'm relatively new to the Club here, been stalking a while. I picked up an S40-A1 back in February and have put 170 rounds down range. The guns a beauty, I really like it, but I'm having trouble with the TriTrap sights. As my name implies, I'm a Walther fan and absolutely love my PPQ in .40. I have no problems shooting it or any of my other guns with three dot sights. I found the thread about the TriTrap sight picture and where to place the front sight for aiming, but I'm still having a difficult time with it. All my shots hit high and right (my wife's shots were dead on, as were a buddy of mine's; neither had shot the Steyr before). I'm sure with practice I'll get it. Any of you Senior Steyroids have any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. jhb

jhb Member

welcome.

Possibly adjusting your grip? Just a thought, I've seen folks adjust while firing just a hair in anticipation of muzzzle flip. Just a quick thought though?

3. Okie67

Okie67 Member

Welcome to Steyrclub!

4. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Walther* :)

An' welcome ta The Club, Bro. :thumbsup:

Uhh...far as the tri-traps, here's what I did ta get used to 'em.

Get close, mayb 7 yd-ish an' just shoot for a bit. Don't align the sights like your spot-on target practice 3-dots, just try a 6:00 position an' see wassup with where your POI is. Then, pick a spot that's much smaller, "aim small miss small" concept. About that time, you'll see what's happenin' and correct your sight alignment to not so much group as hit the smaller x-point hits. Its kinda like playin' horseshoes, at first ya don't maka ringer, but ya getta feel for where ya gotta aim, then it all comes together. Soon, you'll feel what it takes ta taka Corona bottle cap out at 15 yds.

It's hard ta colate what's happenin' until all the sudden, ya just can't miss...or get awefully damn close. <shrug>

G'luck, Bro. :thumbsup:

Wulf <-- diggs the "force b with ya" concept with 'is M357-A1 an' Tri-Traps

[​IMG]

5. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

Thanks for the welcome, and thank you Wulf for the advice. I'll get a chance to shoot again around Easter and I'll put your ideas to use. I do think when I started shooting I was to far back.

6. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Walther*

YW, Bro.

Hey, an' keep us in the loop with what ya come up with for a sight alignment. :thumbsup:

We gotta great database here amongst our SC Brethren an' addin' to it is a key part of who we are.

Take care.

Wulf <-- still shoots the piss outta his lit'l Walther P22, just for the Hell of it! [​IMG]

7. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

Hey all,

I hope everyone had a great Easter. I enjoyed celebrating the resurrection of our Lord with my wife, daugheter, and parents. Today my brother, wife, and I were able to get to an indoor range and I was able to send 150 rounds down range with my S40-A1. I love it! Many thanks to Wulf for helping to explain the TriTrap sights to me. Aiming right above the front sight really does the trick. 2 weeks ago I was hitting high and to the right; today I completely blew out the 10 ring! This will defenitely be my go to carry gun!

8. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

"Aiming right above the front sight really does the trick."

I meant to say putting the target right above the front sight does the trick. :)