Hello from the Northeast

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by jeramiah, Jan 20, 2008.

1. jeramiah

jeramiah Guest

Hi, my name is David, I'm from the Green Mountains of Vermont. I own an M9, and want to thank everybody for all the useful info on how to keep my gun runin'. It's my first auto. and even after 3000 rounds it shows very little wear, it shoots better now than when it was new. By the way I'm a cabinetmaker, deer hunter, proud [& young] grandfather and my shooting range is the Green Mountain National Forest.

2. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Welcome aboard, to the frozen northeast from the not-quite-frozen southeast. How's the weather up there in the ice box?

Congrats on your Steyr. We love to hear success stories. They're great pistols.

Too many times lately, the first post is some guy who wants to know why his new pistol won't work to stir fry his greens. :mrgreen:

Is yours an original M9 or the new model, M9-A1?

3. jeramiah

jeramiah Guest

The weather up here is COLD right now. While shooting yesterday it was 8 degrees and windy. Only day I can shoot is Sunday and I hate to miss the chance. I believe I have the M9A1, because it has the rounded extractor pin and the trigger pull is 5lb.s, 6oz.s. I'm not sure how to tell what type rail I have. On the slide it says M9 but I've read some M9A1's have M9 on the slide. How do I tell for sure? Thanks for the welcome and I hope I can contribute in the future. Also where would I post range report, etc. ?

4. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

5. jeramiah

jeramiah Guest

From the pictures you showed me I have the M9A1, although without the safety. Thanks for the info.

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

The safety was only sold on European models due to Steyr's fear of the US legal system and our lovely tendency to blame the producer of a product, not the idiot using it...