Hello from Huntsville Alabama

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Goldni, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Goldni

Goldni New Member

Hello,

First let me say your community here has already been a treasure trove of info for me in selecting and purchasing my new S9-A1. I love my Ruger LCP and Sig P290RS, but after shooting my brother's old trusty M9-A1 for the umpteenth time, I decided to make the hour and forty five minute drive down to Trussville to become a Steyr man myself.

The guys at SAI were helpful over the phone and told me about Birmingham Pistol Wholesale (in Trussville actually), just about a mile or so down the road from SAI. BPW had several Steyr S9's and S40's. Thanks to Steyr Club I came prepared with a screengrab on my phone showing the Mfg Date chart that had been posted. Most of what they had were made in 2010. I chose the last one I checked which was made November 2011.

Right now I have it stripped and cleaned waiting for oil and re-assembly to go shoot it for the first time! I think I may go ahead and give it a lil fluff and buff with my Dremel (felt heads) first though.

Anyways, thanks alot for this site. Can't wait to contribute!

Goldni
    Huntsville, Alabama

2. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Welcome to SteyrClub!

3. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

There's someone commited to buying a Steyr! Welcome to the SteyrClub!

Only made it to NASA Huntsville once, but it was a really interesting place!

4. Okie67

Okie67 Member

Welcome to Steyrclub!