Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

New owner of a first gen Steyr M9. Of course I bought it today and I probably can't have it for around 2 weeks because...Canada.

I'm sure you guys already know some of the questions I'm going to ask :)

Been looking at this as it came in used a few weeks ago, and, never hearing of the brand, almost shrugged it off as some cheap knockoff brand (we seem to love our Chinese and soviet guns here), glad I looked into it, got to hold it in my hands today and it was love at first clickclack.

·
Super Moderator
327 Posts
Welcome from your crazy neighbor to the south. Nice find and I am envious of the norinco line you guys get, first gun I ever shot was a norinco 213. Any questions you have let them fly. Steyr really doesn’t market these guns much but after shooting them I have stuck with them. I recently took my c9 to the range with a B&T mk2 and the c9 beat it out at 20 yards. The triangle sights are odd but once you get use to them they are hard to leave. The Steyr is one of the softest shooting 9mm I have had the pleasure to fire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I
Welcome from your crazy neighbor to the south. Nice find and I am envious of the norinco line you guys get, first gun I ever shot was a norinco 213. Any questions you have let them fly. Steyr really doesn’t market these guns much but after shooting them I have stuck with them. I recently took my c9 to the range with a B&T mk2 and the c9 beat it out at 20 yards. The triangle sights are odd but once you get use to them they are hard to leave. The Steyr is one of the softest shooting 9mm I have had the pleasure to fire.
Look forward to making some holes with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations on Your buy, the M9 is great to shoot comfortably, You will like it for sure
Thanks. It really is fantastic.

I'm jot experienced at all with handguns so I have a lot of "book to muscle memory" learning to do, as well as taming the lizard brain portion of me that naturally shies away from handheld explosions, but that is coming along nicely.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to the club
Thank you so much. I'm pretty sure it can come home soon. Dealing with a bit of a communication SNAFU between the CFO and the gun shop, but was partly my fault for not giving them an email address. MAYBE tomorrow if I can get ahold of them.

I get a ton of compliments on it, though when I'm at the range.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome.
Tnsteyr
Cheers.

Finally got the transfer documents so I could take it home.

Was able to use it at the range, was running great but today started to not lock the slide back on the last round.

Seems to be worse with the Winchester 115grain than with the 124 grain, will pull it apart and give it a good cleaning and like everything up, looks like it needs it. The magazines too. Going to order a couple spares as well.

I just got full membership at my club so I'll be able to practice a lot with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts