Hello from Africa

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by Porker, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Porker

Porker New Member

Hi All,

Just a hello to all the Steyr fans out there! I do not own a Steyr yet, but hoping to take the plunge soon. I hunt mostly with a quartet of Winchesters... 2 pre-64's in 22 Hornet and 35 Whelen,and 2 lever actions: one is a model 88 in .308 and a model 94 XTR Big Bore in 375 Winchester. Shoot IPSC 3-gun with an AR, Beretta Elite II and a Franchi 12g. Further have a pair of colt 45's in 7 1/2", glock 19 and a 6" Browning HP similiar to the competition model.

Hoping to aquire a Steyr soon...looking at a SSG in .308! It seems to be the perfect rugged 308 "go to rifle" for hunting Africa.

Hope to hear from all soon..:)

2. Talyn

Talyn New Member

Welcome here to Steyr Club!

I would love to have a Steyr rifle myself, but they are a bit out of my budget.

3. Porker

Porker New Member

Thanks Talyn,
    The more I buy and sell firearms to taste, the more I realize that volume of ownership does not satisfy as much as 1 or 2 good quality guns.

4. Talyn

Talyn New Member

I really want to get into Military Surplus firearms
    They have a different feel to them.

As for useful everyday style guns, I couldn't agree more with what you said.

5. Porker

Porker New Member

the military stuff is always appealing...we have a lot of surplus "boer war" lee enfields around in .303
    There is just something special in working the bolt on one of these with their distinctive furniture... any they
    are cheap, $100 for a decent one!

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Welcome to the forum! :cheers: