Has anyone put a can on a ssg-04 k

Discussion in 'Other Rifles' started by lobster, Nov 17, 2007.

1. lobster

lobster New Member

Before I buy this rifle I want to make sure I can suppress it. It probably has metric threading where the muzzel brake ataches. Has any one put a can on this threading? Which one? Also can you reverse the bypod so the legs face forward so as not to interfere w/ a sling. Is there a sling atatchment on the fore end of the stock? Can the muzzel brake be unscrewed ? Any info is appreciated.

2. olli9022

olli9022 Steyr Mannlicher Representative

You're right - the threading is metric. However it works just fine.
    And yes, there is a sling attachement on the forend of the rifle.

The accuracy and the trigger of the rifle are sensational.

3. lobster

lobster New Member

ollie9022. Is it possible for the suppressor manufactures to match the threading on a can to that of the rifle. So how does yours shoot as far as accuracy? Long range ?The trigger is important and thats good to know that it is smooth and crisp. Will soon be ordering my o4 I told the dealer that I wanted to make sure that I can get additional magazines for it as well. At least 4, Any idea what they should cost? Thanks for the reply.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

When you order a suppressor, you specify which thread pitch you need. Since so many weapon systems use varying thread pitches, it wouldn't make sense for any suppressor manufacturer to only offer one pitch. Just be sure you specify at the time of order...

5. lobster

lobster New Member

syntex360, thanks for the info, that puts my mind at rest with my upcomming purchase of the ssgo4k rifle.

6. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

Most suppressors offered in the US use standard threads, but some offer special order for European rifles.

Another option, is that you could just have the barrel recrowned and threaded to take standard threads.

ETA: A third option would be to build your own suppressor and fit it to your rifle. Providing you own the tools to make a suppressor or you know someone with the tools. Plenty of folks build their own suppressors on a Form 1.

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Again, this is a non-issue. I dare you to find a major suppressor manufacturer that won't provide the needed thread pitch...

All you need to do, lobster, is find out what the thread pitch is on the rifle...

8. olli9022

olli9022 Steyr Mannlicher Representative

Lobster,

you should get the magazine clips throug SAI (they're the same like the standard SSG69).
    Accuracy at 100 meters is one hole :D

I'm quite sure there is nothing you cannot hit very precise out to 400 yards....
    If you want to shoot out to 800 yards buy a SSG04 in .300Win Mag.
    Price new in the US is around 1780.00 USD

9. aubie515

aubie515 Premium Member

10. lobster

lobster New Member

I was concidering the titainium shadow suppressor from srt. They state they only offer it in a specific threading. So the Idea of rethreading and recrowning the barrel sounds like a plausable option. I found mags for 59$ for this rifle.