Has anyone had this?

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by HEAVYJ, Apr 26, 2007.

1. HEAVYJ

HEAVYJ Guest

Has anyone had any problems with the trigger transfer bar breaking on their M9 or any other problems with the trigger?? Have you had any troubles at all with the M9? I'm about to get a M9 and a friend told me that he herd the M9 had trigger problems, I wanted to know how true this info was. Thanks!!

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

No and no. There have been reported problems with earlier extractor setups leading to FTEs, but I have had no problems in about 1,500 rounds and carry my M9 almost every day.

3. HEAVYJ

HEAVYJ Guest

SELFDEFENSE............ How early on the extractor problems? How would one find out when their M9 was made?

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

J:
    Probably the best way to find out would be to do a search on this site using FTE as the keyword. You will get a bunch of hits. I seem to remember around #20000 being relevant, but there are a bunch of really savvy tech people on this forum that would know better than I. There were also some home brew fixes using 1911 parts; but Steyr now has a new setup that can be retroed that seems to be working.
    Good luck

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Don't worry - if you buy the gun and it does have the old design AND it does happen to act up (one does not necessarily beget the other), you can send the pistol in to SAI and they will change out the extractor for free. Also, I think the first runs had a really heavy trigger which is what your friend was probably talking about (no breakage issues - he was mistaken on that I suspect). Again, SAI will upgrade the trigger if yours is equipped with the old design. Their customer service is absolutely stellar in all respects - turn around time door to door is usually in the neighborhood of 1-2 weeks.

Might I ask how much you are going to be getting the M9 for? CDNN has the newer M9A1's at an unprecedented low price.

6. HEAVYJ

HEAVYJ Guest

Syntax360....... I'm trading dead even with a Ruger P97 in .45acp.

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Sounds like a good trade to me 8). Let us know what you decide...

8. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

never a trigger breakage problem.

not sure what your friend was referring to but... when the steyr was originally released it had what we call the old style trigger. this would have been serial# [email protected],000 or so. steyr made revised triggers and offered to retrofit all previously sold guns with this new trigger.

it was never a failure issue, just a trigger pull weight issue.

buy with confidence. parts are "pretty" available now and parts availability will only get better on thhe coming months and years. steyr is gearing up for the us marketplace and sai is commited to running a tight steyr ship.