Has anybody tried Fiocchi brand with your M40 ?

Discussion in 'Ammunition and Reloading' started by nixon, Jan 5, 2007.

1. nixon

nixon Member

Wonderin' if anybody have tried Fiocchi 165 gr or 170 gr, with your M40 ? they are reasonably priced but don't know if accuracy is consistent enought to compare with US made brands like cci brass, fed AE, win. etc
    thanks,
    Nixon - as like the former Pres. he, he

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

fired a couple boxes of 170gr was ok.

3. EmesiS

EmesiS Guest

Most M40 owners seem to report that CCI Blazer Brass is the common favorite but I absolutley prefer the Fiocchi. I have experienced issues with all types of target ammo except Fiocchi, that has always been perfectly consistant. My preferences for my M40A1 are 1) Fiocchi 2) WWB 3) CCI Blazer Brass.

Hope that helps!

4. nixon

nixon Member

Emesis,
    Thanks for your reply. If I may ask, what bullet weight have you shot so far ?

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Have shot about 150 rounds of 170 gr. in a CZ 40B and it was fine. Had some problems with one half-case of 115 gr. FMJ 9mm in Glock 17L, 19, and 26; but have shot thousands of 9mm Fiocchi with no problem.

6. nixon

nixon Member

selfdefense,
    I thought they had a recall of some lots of 115 gr. in 9 mm. You may want to check it in their website to find out.
    nixon

7. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Thanks. Will be careful in the future, although I have no current Fiocchi inventory.

8. EmesiS

EmesiS Guest

Nixon,

I have only used the Fiocchi 170gr and have had no problems. I also use Fiocchi a lot with my .45 Kimber and it too is my first choice for target ammo.