Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after 2 sessions full of extraction problems i finally got a replacement extractor from steyr. i did not get a new spring set up. put the new extractor in and today had zero problems with 200 rounds fired. i was getting pretty frustrated.

im a happy guy now and my steyr is working great and has about 600 rounds through it.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Good on you pro! Glad to see it's working well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's great news!! On the other hand, I got my new extractor (but not spring) and installed it, and though I had fewer FTE's, I still had more than is appropriate.

I'm not sure what to do. My plunger is the newer style, too, so somebody had replaced this stuff one time before.

ALSO I noticed my brass looks a little beat up on the bottom, from the extractor. :/

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's great news!! On the other hand, I got my new extractor (but not spring) and installed it, and though I had fewer FTE's, I still had more than is appropriate.

I'm not sure what to do. My plunger is the newer style, too, so somebody had replaced this stuff one time before.

ALSO I noticed my brass looks a little beat up on the bottom, from the extractor. :/
hmmm how many rounds through yours? is your pin rounded of beveled? even when mine wasnt working good i had better results with pmc ammo. it failed like crazy on remington. the other day thats what i shot and she ran like a champ. i really wonder about a break in period. seems like a pistol should work right out of the box but mine seems to be getting smoother the more i go. makes me think this pistol should have a long life?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Curious as to what model and year is yours? My new M40-A1 (as yet unfired by me), dates from May 2012, so hope those extraction problems had been worked out by then. Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts