happy days with good extraction

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by protector76239, Mar 21, 2013.

1. protector76239

protector76239 New Member

after 2 sessions full of extraction problems i finally got a replacement extractor from steyr. i did not get a new spring set up. put the new extractor in and today had zero problems with 200 rounds fired. i was getting pretty frustrated.

im a happy guy now and my steyr is working great and has about 600 rounds through it.

2. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Good on you pro! Glad to see it's working well.

3. CascadeShooter

CascadeShooter New Member

That's great news!! On the other hand, I got my new extractor (but not spring) and installed it, and though I had fewer FTE's, I still had more than is appropriate.

I'm not sure what to do. My plunger is the newer style, too, so somebody had replaced this stuff one time before.

ALSO I noticed my brass looks a little beat up on the bottom, from the extractor. :/

4. protector76239

protector76239 New Member

hmmm how many rounds through yours? is your pin rounded of beveled? even when mine wasnt working good i had better results with pmc ammo. it failed like crazy on remington. the other day thats what i shot and she ran like a champ. i really wonder about a break in period. seems like a pistol should work right out of the box but mine seems to be getting smoother the more i go. makes me think this pistol should have a long life?

5. tuicatuica

tuicatuica New Member

Curious as to what model and year is yours? My new M40-A1 (as yet unfired by me), dates from May 2012, so hope those extraction problems had been worked out by then. Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  6. Goldni

Goldni New Member

I may be wrong, but I think it was pre 2011 9mm for the most part.

7. tuicatuica

tuicatuica New Member

Thanks, Goldni. I will report my shooting results when the weather gets better here in the Pacific Northwest. Cheers.