Steyr Club Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the subterfuge they are using to place additional restrictions on gun ownership and sales.

http://texasfred.net/archives/3500

Bluntly, the US Government is responsible for the problem - it's called prohibition. The same thing happened during the 13th Amendment. It's time we stopped it, by managing the problem intelligently, not by stripping all of us of our rights.

As was said before, Government controls the law abiding, because they can't control the lawless.

Government also creates laws to control, because if you're a criminal they can come after you, control you, and put the fear of Government in to all the others.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
As was said before, Government controls the law abiding, because they can't control the lawless.

Government also creates laws to control, because if you're a criminal they can come after you, control you, and put the fear of Government in to all the others.
Powerful statements.

Unfortunately, I find myself wanting to be a member of the same group I do not want to be a member of!

Capiche?

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Si, I too have the strong libertarian feeling that what people do with guns they buy, is their responsibility and not ours.

I'm just pointing out how THEY are going to bend this.

Don't forget our War on Drugs is what's causing this. We're the ones financing these mobs, just like we did in the 20s. It's time we sobered up.

We got the Class III act because of Alcohol Prohibition and the gangs, do we want to lose all weapons based on another prohibition?

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
Si, I too have the strong libertarian feeling that what people do with guns they buy, is their responsibility and not ours.

I'm just pointing out how THEY are going to bend this.

Don't forget our War on Drugs is what's causing this. We're the ones financing these mobs, just like we did in the 20s. It's time we sobered up.

We got the Class III act because of Alcohol Prohibition and the gangs, do we want to lose all weapons based on another prohibition?
He He ....

"It's time we sobered up."

This country needs to sober up to a great many truths, but I don't think it's gonna happen...

Now that everyone is punch drunk in love with Obama.....

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Unfortunately, I find myself wanting to be a member of the same group I do not want to be a member of!
I understand...I'm not sure I want to be a member of any group whose admission standards are so low they'd accept me. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts