Gun show prices for M9A1 & M40A1

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by DocChronos, Jul 14, 2007.

1. DocChronos

DocChronos Premium Member

Just back from the local gun show (Puyallup, WA), saw only two Steyr handguns, an M9A1 and an M40A1. I was in shock when I saw the ammo prices, but the Steyr prices were the real shocker. $495 for the 9 and $595 for the 40. Of course, that was the ASKING price; who knows whether anyone was biting. Reaffirms once again that CDNN prices can't be beat.

Back to ammo, I had to load up on gun range 9 mm &.45 ACP, and SHTF .223. Man, prices are in the stratosphere, and I bought the re-man stuff, except for the Lake City .223. We are talking HUNDREDS of dollars in ammo. Gulp! But, if the S does hit the fan, it will be cheap. Speaking of re-man ammo, my M9 & S9 have eaten thousands of rounds of the stuff and never burped. It always perplexes me to scan the Steyr Club reviews of ammo and read about the Steyrs being picky. Not in my experience ...

Doc

2. madecov

madecov Active Member

I saw an M40A1 obviously used on a dealers table here in Houston. It was also priced at $495.00

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

At the last DACA gun show I went to, they had M9A1's and M40A1's for $327 + tax. Here in TX, that blows CDNN out of the water. I've been meaning to pick another up - I hope those prices hold at the next show....

4. posterboy7

posterboy7 New Member

I am going to a show tomorrow outside Chicago in Indiana. Going to be working behind the table. If I have a chance to walk the floor I will check on Steyr prices.

5. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Hey Doc, I think I saw you there!!

Were you wheeling all your ammo across the street on a hand truck?!?

:wink: :wink:

I saw those Steyrs way over priced myself... just laughed as I walked right by those tables...

I stocked up on some 9mm range ammo myself, and grabbed 1000 rds of the Lake City 5.56 ammo....

Costs more every time I go....

cheers!!!

6. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Hope that isn't a sign of things to come when CDNN runs out.

7. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I think we all know the price is going to "return to normal" as soon as CDNN runs dry. Personally, I don't mind as I hope to pick up a new M9A1 with the maanox finish...

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Wasn't he a TV private eye?
    Oh, that was Mannix.