Gun registry vote / sep/ 21/2010

Discussion in 'The Soap Box' started by bosman777, Aug 27, 2010.

1. bosman777

bosman777 New Member

Well guys, up here in Canada there is great news, well hopefully, Pm Harper and his Conservative party are getting ready to scrap the long gun registry, it has already passed 2 readings and the third and final reading will be next month on sep 21. The votes are far too close to tell but i hope they win, it has been a huge failure here, cost over 2 billion, and even the cops or many of them think its not useful, many of the cops have been told to keep quite or they could lose there jobs, i think its all about money and the amount the cops get from all the companies that run the whole debacle. I hope you guys down there keep your fingers crossed for your neighbor up north lol.:salute:

2. sewerman

sewerman Premium Member

good luck with it.....it's long over due for canada, the U.K. & Austrialia.

hopefully with canada leading the way the other two countries mentioned will follow canada's lead.

S.M.

3. GROUPER TROOPER 32

GROUPER TROOPER 32 New Member

I'm going out on a limb but I don't think the cops get any money from the gun registration company. However, the city, state, province and even local department may benefit but I'd be shocked to see the local beat cop get a check.:D

4. GROUPER TROOPER 32

GROUPER TROOPER 32 New Member

I understand how gun registration infuriates many gun owners. I don't want to give an inch either due to the chance for the anti's to take a mile. Gun registration is costly and ineffective anyway. If the real purpose of registration is to eventually round up guns for destruction, then it is totally useless. Even without registration, the gov can just make any firearm possession illegal with mandatory prison time the guns not turned in will eventually surface. The same under registration. How many guns would be "lost" overboard or just cosmolined and buried in a pvc tube in the back yard to avoid the paper trail. Oh right, there is one already with the yellow sheet when we buy from an ffl dealer.

I don't see the police going door to door rounding up guns, just like deporting illegals. Eventually most will come into contact with the authorities. Then again I would never think that police would confiscate firearms after Katrina in New Orleans.........

In Canada, is it illegal to use a firearm to protect oneself from deadly force like Australia and England?