Gun Control mayors try end run

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Netfotoj, Jan 24, 2007.

Are you pro gun? Or pro gun-control?

1. Pro gun?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Pro gun-control?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Really pro gun?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Really, really pro gun?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Atilla the Hun pro gun?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sign me up for the NRA pro gun?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

God help us, guess which party is in control of Congress now? Think the mayors will get a more sympathetic hearing than before November?

Pelosi and other Dems have said they won't tackle gun control until after they take the White House in '08, but they may not wait that long.:(

2. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

According to the Framers:
    The natural order of things is for tyranny to advance and liberty to yield.
    The price of freedom is eternal vigilance.

3. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Anti-Gun Mayors get 'Smackdown'

Latest round in Bloomberg's anti-gun crusade is finally good news for us gun nuts. I stole this from http://www.townhall.com/columnists/CamEdwards/2007/02/09/bloombergs_smackdown_in_gotham

4. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

5. smores

smores Guest

Yeah... those "investigators" overstepped their bounds by a long shot. You can't break the law to prove people are breaking the law... They weren't even LEO's wtf... :?

6. I am...

PRO-CONSTITUTION

We've lost a great deal of our First, Second, Fourth, Fifth, and Sixth Amendment rights.

In regards to the Second Amendment:

1. It says "regulated" not "baned" in the Second Amendment. Regulations like the NFA are Constitutional in my opinion as long as the tax does not become so high that it would have the effect of a ban.

2. HOWEVER, FOPA restrictions on sale and ownership of "machineguns" registered after 1986 is a "ban" and clearly UNCONSTITUTIONAL and outside what the founders clearly intended from the plain language of the Second Amendment.

3. The Import Restrictions in the 1968 GCA constitute a "ban" as firearms can no longer be imported into the United States and we can no longer purchase those firearms.

4. The AWB was a "ban" it was not designed to regulate ownership it was designed to ban the type of weapon that was what the founders intended by the Second Amendment for civilians to own.

The Second Amendment is the "DOOMS DAY" Amendment. Without it the other Amendments are just words on paper. It is the final "CHECK AND BALANCE" to our goverment and gives us our freedom.

When our founding fathers created the Second Amendment is was to make sure that the people would retain the power and be true citizens of a free state. Without the Second Amendment the people become subjects of the state rather than citizens being given rights by the government instead of giving rights to the government.

7. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

dont forget guns are banned in the Nations capital and Chicago.

actually some people are allowed to break the laws on the books but they are givin privileges and immunities that the rest of us do not enjoy. in Iowa we have

but as the current trend is we have laws on the books that dont honor it and have not been challenged in court. we have a law for law enforcement then one for other people Iowa code 724.
    a populace ignorant doesnt help

corporations have more rights generally than people specially if they got money.

Second Amendment is not quite the doomsday amendment
    its a restriction upon government to secure the peoples right
    the Declaration of Independence now that has the dooms day right detailed. another good document nearly a year older than the Declaration of Independence is the Declaration of the Causes and Necessity of Taking Up Arms it was written by Thomas Jefferson and another important figures who name escapes me for the moment.
    not many books with the Declaration of the Causes and Necessity of Taking Up Arms which is worrysome.

hope Bloomberg gets prosecuted the fullest extend of the law permits but being he is rich and connected mayor I doubt he will be met with justice.

http://www.law.ou.edu/ushistory/arms.shtml