Gun Ban Overturned

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by babj615, Mar 9, 2007.

1. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

its nice foot in the right direction but I will sigh when the foot has landed in the right direction.

I have seen replies of not much foundation. alot of people exasperated and relieved at the news but not mindfull of full situation and possibilities.

some people making comments on legaleze which I cant blame to much I blame the poor education system.
    are founders were educated men knew several languages and had a college education.

If a nation expects to be ignorant and free in a state of civilization, it expects what never was and never will be... if we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed. -- Thomas Jefferson

Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives.
    James Madison

youll likely never see legal writing gone

ever see a dog that thinks its free? tries to take off running only to find out it has a collar with a leash firmly in the hand of its master.
    YIP!

just cause you feel some slack doesnt mean your free. you just have some slack your ruler has decided to give.
    its hardly freedom or liberty.

California,New York and Iowa have concealed carry laws maybe a couple other states that could be named as well.
    its not easy for various classes of citizens to get the permits due to bureaucracy and class type distinctions that are against the grain of the constitution. not privileged dont get authorized despite being a law abiding citizen.

though some counties in California and Iowa do issue Justly

if its too good to be true it usually is.
    if it comes too easy or too fast be suspicious. powers that be will be along shortly to correct that.

3. loneeagle308

loneeagle308 Guest

That ban never stopped me from carrying in the most dangerous city I have walked in. I cringed when I left unarmed the gate at Bethesda Nat'l Naval Medical Center. The guardgate felt like the DMZ once I left it to the subway.

4. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

The best part is the Mayor is appealing to the court "en blanc" (the whole court, not just a 3 Judge panel).
    The ruling is air-tight, the dissenter is reduced to arguing that the 2A doesn't apply in DC because it's not a state ( :roll: )
    By that "logic" all the other Amendments can be revoked/infringed on a whim as well. :shock:
    Once that is out of the way, all that the Mayor can do is turn to the Supreme Court.

This is going to force the SCOTUS to hear a pure 2A case at last.
    [​IMG]

5. thelittlevoices

thelittlevoices Guest

I say its a good step. Screw gunbans. Instead of wasting time and $$ on tring to voilated the constitutional rights of law abiding people how about oh I dont know doing something about the defficate. I live in Wisconson and people are getting realy dumb. Madison is its own little COMMUNIST state I swear. They are trying to pass a law in Madison that REQUIERS ALL rental properties and citybuldings to use a certan kind of lightbulb. WHO LETS THE FRACKIN PEOPLE INTO OFFICE??? they had a city refarendum (CITY NOT STATE) to pull all forces out of IRAQ, because they figured they alone had that athority. WTF? Madison and the gov in office alone refuse to give us conceal/carry laws but cannot pass any laws that restrict the fredoms we do have because anytime its a state vote they loose out. Im just glad at the moment we can still own class III weapons and silenced weapons. And in defiance of the new preposed weapons ban I went out and bought a bunch of 15-17-33 rnd LE/GOVT ONLY mags for my GLOCK 19. Just for spite im thinking of putting a can on it.

6. nc_gunner

nc_gunner Guest

I'd say it's a good thing, but this is still just an intermediate step until the Supreme Court inevitably hears the case. If the court overturns the ban and the ban goes up, DC begrudgingly allows its citizens to own guns... in theory. It doesn't mean any DC resident will be able to reasonably obtain or carry a gun. The laws put in place after the ban is lifted (laws enacted by a decidedly anti-gun governance) will dictate the reality of purchasing/owning in DC.

On paper and in principle though, this would be a good step. Plus, it's nice to know that people in DC actually have a Constitution working for them and that they aren't exempt from all the freedoms laid out by the Bill of Rights. Anybody here actually live in DC? What's the reality on the ground at this point or is it just another baby step in the judicial wrangling?