Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steyrboy

Steyrboy Guest

What is the story here?

What is the difference between a "captured" and "non-captured" ..... and why would I want to upgrade to a new one from Big Taco?

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

BT's guide rods add a little extra weight to the front of the pistol, they look better than the plastic, and you don't have to worry about them breaking (a non-issue really). I think most of us just get them to add a little customized flare to the pistols and support the man who took the initiative and brought some aftermarket to us. If you check out his section of the forum, this question has been covered many times over...

The captured rods hold the spring just as your factory unit does. The uncaptured were his first works and feature no real added benefits unless you want to trying experimenting with aftermarket recoil springs. Handloaders and gamers may be able to capitalize on the uncaptured, but I think most would prefer the captured.

3. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Well thats better than I would have done :mrgreen:

So there you have it...

All I can add is I like mine :clap:

And would buy another...

4. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

Personally, I would have simply recommended to Steyrboy to spend a little more time reading through the myriad of posts on the subject here within the forums, and thereby become more thoroughly knowledgeable and well-rounded on the topic. IMO... Syntax360 can sometimes be too kind.

:lol: ..... :lol: ..... :lol:

BTW, if you think I'm implying something... you'd likely be correct (regarding Steyrboy, NOT regarding Syntax360 who happens to be friggen awesome).

5. heavymetalmachine

Well not quite how I meant it but I see your point....

6. Steyrboy

Steyrboy Guest

BTW, if you think I'm implying something... you'd likely be correct (regarding Steyrboy,

Your kidding, right.............

I get: "Sorry but you cannot use search at this time. Please try again in a few minutes"........
    I can't get the search function to work............and am just looking for up-to-date info.

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:D

7. heavymetalmachine

It's not just you..

8. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

NO, I was not kidding whatsoever.

9. heavymetalmachine

? How can someone do a affective search when the search function does not seem to work?

I searched m9-a1 and this is what I got..
    No posts were found because the word m9-a1 is not contained in any post.

So what am I on a Glock site?????

10. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

heavymetalmachine -- I realize that the "search" feature on this forum may be totally ineffective or non-operational. That's not what I was inferring.

Naturally, there is more than one way to "search out" information within a website forum; the easy way (by use of the "search" feature... which can be time consuming nonetheless) and the lengthy, challenging way which in this instance would be going to the BigTaco subfolder and reading through all the posts until you find what you are looking for (regarding the captured ss guide rods).

Okay, I'll be completely and utterly frank: Steyrboy walks into our virtual community; this house of ours, and with hands on hips stands there and blabbers "What is the story here?" regarding guide rods. So I ask myself: What the heck??? WHO the heck is this new person (not a contributor) that communicates in this manner? That uses a tone of voice which implies an expectation of us members to spoon feed him information. THAT'S what I am not kidding or joking about.

:beer:

11. Steyrboy

Steyrboy Guest

Way to make things personal..............

Your take on the attitude with my initial post is wrong........I don't come here in that manner. I was asking for current information.........I was appealing to the knowledge of the members on this board.

You're right in that I could've read through BT's posts...........but I didn't initially see his thorough postings on guide rods until later........... remember the search function doesn't work properly.

I think you should be more welcoming of "new members" to "your virtual community....this house of yours" by giving them the benefit of the doubt.

12. Garys4598

Garys4598 Premium Member

You're correct; I could be wrong.

Funny though, you're continuing to not check your attitude at the door as indicated by your latest post reply.

13. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

The question has been answered and nothing productive is going to come from leaving this one open. I will get with Deluxe247 on the search function issue, but in the meantime, I hope you two boys will try to play nice... :shifty:

14. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

UPDATE - Our fearless leader Deluxe247 confirmed the search function is working 100%. The search string "M9-A1" returned no results because the search engined interpreted that as "M9" and "A1" and had 3 character minimum. Just FYI...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.