1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
To quote the deranged Mexican bee man from the Simpsons...

Ay yi yi...no me gusta
:willynilly:

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
OK, I understand the resistance to the product, but where is the "gubberment" tie-in? Of course VeriChip wants everyone microchipped - what company would not want all 6+ billion people on the planet to use their product? Any surprise to a wide net being cast by VeriChip's advertising department seems... politically expedient and playing into whatever narrative the reader wishes to maintain. I can even get the whole "mark of the beast"/Antichrist thing, but what sort of mental gymnastics must be engaged in to lay the blame for this "demonic conspiracy" on the government?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Its like the defacto blame Bush, just now the crazy conspiracy just gets tied to Obama.. Though I could see that because the guy can't tell the truth to save his life.....
Right.. So I am talking out my @$$ a little, but I can see it starting to go this way. LameStreamMedia won't cover a lot of the damning news on Obama, so it looks like a coverup.. And the conspiracy is born.

But for me.. When I saw the letters RFID.. Yea.. Nothing good can come out of this. SO many people will have their identities stolen if it goes full swing.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
I'm with you Syn! It doesn't take vast conspiracies to make bad things happen.

A lot of extremely bad things have happened as a direct result of people wanting to do good. Principle cases in point, the Inquisition, and the 30 Years War, both did unbelievable things to people in the name of Good.

We don't need imbedded IDs. We need means of making sure that people are who they say they are. The two are not the same by any means.

I don't know all of the "Good Things" that could come from chips, but I know enough bad ones that make me say NO! HELL NO!

·
Registered
497 Posts
How about credit cards with installed RFID. Trackable and traceable. EZ pass.

Yes I'm paranoid and proud to admit it.:chair:

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Wait until you next renew your US passport. Apparently they now come with RFID's standard. :wall: The "good" news is you can buy little "envelopes" for them that supposedly shield them from being used while inside the envelope. My new one should get here soon. I can't tell whether I'm excited or nauseated.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks for the links.
Yep Faraday cage.. Like in the Will Smith movie .. Enemy of the State I think. No I learned about them when I was 10 or so. My dad does RF Design/Engineering, wanted me to do it, but never had the interest back then.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I going to go against the grain here as say,,, I would like to try it!

But,,, the chips are not enough. They need more capability to be truly useful for more than remotely connect ID'ing via a DB query or simple data. I want a fairly large quanity of data store accessible.

I also want the ability to self disable the chips' remote access when I want.

I also want it pouched somehow for a relatively less painful self removal when I want to. In other words no implantation in my femur or other hard to get at places.

Other than that I think the ability to "badge in" might be kind of nice. The 'gubment is already up our asses in so many other ways a chip would make little difference to me.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
A few seconds in the microwave will fix any of your RFID woes... Concerning the passport, it will still function just fine as a document, but you might catch a little more scrutiny from officials when they have to manually process you.

·
Registered
497 Posts
A few seconds in the microwave will fix any of your RFID woes... Concerning the passport, it will still function just fine as a document, but you might catch a little more scrutiny from officials when they have to manually process you.
Good piece of info Syn.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
...Concerning the passport, it will still function just fine as a document, but you might catch a little more scrutiny from officials when they have to manually process you.
My thought was that you kept your passport in the EMvelope until you were ready to have it scanned by the gubmint zombies. ;) Then you put stored it back in the EMvelope to prevent the remainder of the folk you'd rather not be scanning your passport from so doing.

...I also want it pouched somehow for a relatively less painful self removal when I want to. In other words no implantation in my femur or other hard to get at places...
You were created with a dangling "pouch" but I'm not too sure about the "less painful self-removal" aspect but I suppose if you were man enough...:eek:

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wait until you next renew your US passport. Apparently they now come with RFID's standard. :wall: The "good" news is you can buy little "envelopes" for them that supposedly shield them from being used while inside the envelope. My new one should get here soon. I can't tell whether I'm excited or nauseated.

aren't they called foil hats....hee-he:)

sewerman

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Its like the defacto blame Bush, just now the crazy conspiracy just gets tied to Obama.. Though I could see that because the guy can't tell the truth to save his life.....
Right.. So I am talking out my @$$ a little, but I can see it starting to go this way. LameStreamMedia won't cover a lot of the damning news on Obama, so it looks like a coverup.. And the conspiracy is born.

But for me.. When I saw the letters RFID.. Yea.. Nothing good can come out of this. SO many people will have their identities stolen if it goes full swing.

i agree with the logic base here......but can you say that verichip didn't get government tax breaks or research money to get this rolling in the market place?

are you really thinking that our corporate tainted government just can't be behind such a scheme?
the defense industry is full of lobbylist buying and selling with all kinds of corporate dealings behind the scenes.

what better way for this new age gizmo being introduced to the public then through...an agency showing how this new device can really be benefical and a GREAT help to....us or them?

years ago the military was to chip dog tags for quick medical access. but stopped it. then the idea of a chip implant was considered but never followed up on.

the folks in washington know that most of todays folks are informed and realize they need to sell the idea through other avenues before it can become part of goverment.

this is only an exchange of thought and ideals,.....
sewerman

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
Well, there's that demonstration of extraordinary mental gymnastics that I had asked for earlier... thanks, sewerman! :lol: I'm not dogging you for mentioning it or for running through the what-if's, but rather posting a friendly reminder that the most remote possibility does not translate to a real probability (most of the time).

This one won't be keeping me awake at night, especially with the asskicking the administration just took yesterday over healthcare...

:cheers:

·
Registered
440 Posts
i agree with the logic base here......but can you say that verichip didn't get government tax breaks or research money to get this rolling in the market place?
No, and personally I wouldn't waste the time to figure out. I mean government wastes money. Wasn't there a resent government funded study on the effects of smoking pot, for something in the range of $500K to a university? If people can get money for being pot heads, and crazy quacks in Kali can get money to build tunnels for turtles so they don't hit by cars and cost millions of dollars.:wall:.. I mean how could I argue your point?

are you really thinking that our corporate tainted government just can't be behind such a scheme?
the defense industry is full of lobbylist buying and selling with all kinds of corporate dealings behind the scenes.
Its not so much corporations as much as unions. I mean Acorn/SEIU did a pretty good job on getting Obama in office. Not saying McCain would have been better, just don't think people would have been in uproar as they are now..

years ago the military was to chip dog tags for quick medical access. but stopped it. then the idea of a chip implant was considered but never followed up on.
Well my dog is chipped, but then again its really for her benefit.. :joker:
But in all seriousness, the whole dog tag chip thing... The government would need to pay for the removal of the chip once you left the service. It would have not gone well over when the military can't afford to buy F22's. Sure the idea was out there, but there's loads of ideas out there.. Just like the president wanting to repeal the don't ask don't tell. Its just an idea.

the folks in washington know that most of todays folks are informed and realize they need to sell the idea through other avenues before it can become part of goverment.
And that is not really working out for some in Washington, especially with Healthcare, Cap & Trade, Global Warming(Cooling, ClimageChange, etc.).
Getting tired of the propaganda healthcare ads on TV, can't wait till the bill has been murdered to death. And then killed again.. With napalm, cause the bill is paper.. While I'm at it, might as well put some binary explosive into that bill... :willynilly:

I don't know, the more SciFi it sounds the less I believe it. Must be my age getting to my reasoning. But I probably would have believed it in my 20's, but not anymore.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts