Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I am new to the forum and Steyr firearms.

I recently received my license for my S9-A1. I am really excited to start shooting with it.

With this said, I'm really struggling to find a holster for it. Any advice from my countrymen? Otherwise I will try and get one from the States.

Regards
Theo

·
Super Moderator
195 Posts
welcome, how are the firearm laws there? Holster wise states and Europe is all I know, doubleclick in the states and black trident in Austria, but anyone who makes kydex should be able to turn one out pretty quick using it as a mold. S9 is a hard one to come by these days so good find one that

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hello 👋. As for Holsters #1 is DoubleClick Holsters.
Tnsteyr has a discount code for them too

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
welcome, how are the firearm laws there? Holster wise states and Europe is all I know, doubleclick in the states and black trident in Austria, but anyone who makes kydex should be able to turn one out pretty quick using it as a mold. S9 is a hard one to come by these days so good find one that
Thank you very much.

Its quite strict in my opinion. It is quite a process to get to own a firearm and can take quite a while. Mine took almost a year to be approved, although the stated lead time is about 4 months. The pandemic put quite a dent in the stated time frame. Owning semi-automatic rifles or shotguns is even more of a process. You need to a member of a sportshooting association and apply as a dedicated sportshooter.

I've heard about double click and would definitely look at them if I can't find any in SA.

Yeah I was quite surprised when I found it. I've always had my eye on the Steyr range, I just love the way they feel and shoot. The M9-A1 are more common around here and I was on my way to buy one when I came across the S9.

·
Super Moderator
195 Posts
Thank you very much.

Its quite strict in my opinion. It is quite a process to get to own a firearm and can take quite a while. Mine took almost a year to be approved, although the stated lead time is about 4 months. The pandemic put quite a dent in the stated time frame. Owning semi-automatic rifles or shotguns is even more of a process. You need to a member of a sportshooting association and apply as a dedicated sportshooter.

I've heard about double click and would definitely look at them if I can't find any in SA.

Yeah I was quite surprised when I found it. I've always had my eye on the Steyr range, I just love the way they feel and shoot. The M9-A1 are more common around here and I was on my way to buy one when I came across the S9.
That sucks, sounds like a pistol is the suppressor process here. Good luck on a local find for a holster. I’m sure there is someone who will do one even if it’s a custom run locally and nice find on the S9 now that they aren’t making them anymore.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sucks, sounds like a pistol is the suppressor process here. Good luck on a local find for a holster. I’m sure there is someone who will do one even if it’s a custom run locally and nice find on the S9 now that they aren’t making them anymore.
Very much so yes. Thank you Zudrick, I really hope I can get one. Agree yes, but when the A2 series gets to SA I will get one of them as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very much so yes. Thank you Zudrick, I really hope I can get one. Agree yes, but when the A2 series gets to SA I will get one of them as well.
If you’re from Jburg area, go visit the SWATCO, on Louis Botha ave. Best gun shop with its own little basement range! Dave Sheer is the owner! (He sold his Dave Sheer guns shop, still operating under his name). So, SWATCO IS THE BEST PLACE, imho! I’ve got my M9 from him. The guy is a genius in all gun aspects!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi all.

I recently received my license for my S9-A1. I am really excited to start shooting with it.

With this said, I'm really struggling to find a holster for it. Any advice from my countrymen? Otherwise I will try and get one from the States.

Regards
Theo
Theo, you need to contact Milt Sparks Holsters Inc. in Boise Idaho. They have them, and they make the best custom made leather holsters in existence for large frame autos. Check out the Versa Max II. They are not cheap, but they are worth every penny. Good Luck, Kurt

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi all.

Regards
Theo
Congratulations. Enjoy

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all.

Regards
Theo
Hi Theo,
welcome to the club. If you live in the Pretoria area, you can get a holster from Rescomp, I got mine there. Hope this helps, regards, Pietro

1 - 14 of 14 Posts