Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all. Just ordered my first Handgun an M40A1 from SFRC. Looking forward to all the info and experience on this site. Nice job!!!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
G'Day, C*M* :)

Welcome to The Club, Bro! :thumbsup:

When ya get your paws on your M40-A1, field strip it an' spary it down with a spray cleaner like Simple Green an' let it sit for a while. Then dunk it in some warm water to loosen up any left-over new gun gunk an' air hose it dry. Next is the lube part, I use a CLP prduct like Break-Free and give it a good spray then air hose it back out/off. Spend some time working the action and dry-firing it, drop an empty mag a buncha times, stuff like that. Best not ta have it loaded at such times, so make sure it isn't before ya start.

After ya break 'er in at the range, let us know how your 1st run goes for ya.

Take care.

Wulf <-- back out ta work on 'is scooter an' listen ta some George Thorogood..."Ba Ba Ba Bayad!...."

·
Registered
211 Posts
Welcome to the club! You'll find it full of info and helpful people.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Welcome.

Wow, thanks for the link to where ya got your steyr. Y'all have ammo available at pre-panic and at normal prices up there. Plus guns. It looks like normal supply and demand up there. I sure miss that down here. Anyways, nice pick and enjoy your steyr.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome, Simcoe!
Hamilton was my old stomping grounds.
Mac graduate, Texan these days but still pretty simpatico with our neighbors to the north.
Welcome again and don't hesitate to fire questions towards this forum, lots of smart cats around.

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
Welcome to the SteyrClub!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome, Simcoe!
Hamilton was my old stomping grounds.
Mac graduate, Texan these days but still pretty simpatico with our neighbors to the north.
Welcome again and don't hesitate to fire questions towards this forum, lots of smart cats around.

Hello Tmelam. My sister was a Mac grad as well. I have a few friends that live in Texas. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome.

Wow, thanks for the link to where ya got your steyr. Y'all have ammo available at pre-panic and at normal prices up there. Plus guns. It looks like normal supply and demand up there. I sure miss that down here. Anyways, nice pick and enjoy your steyr.
Thanks jhb. The people at SFRC are great to deal with. They do a lot of business and move product pretty much as quick as they get it in. I didn't even flinch and pulled the trigger when I saw that they got more M40´s in. Their pricing was the best in the country. We are pretty lucky and I´m very grateful to have the opportunity and privilege to own some very fine firearms.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts