Greetings From Ohio

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by 007, Jan 31, 2012.

1. 007

007 New Member

Hi everyone, I'm a new member from Ohio. I have had my eye on the M40 A1 for some time now. I have decided to make the move and purchase this gun. I am in the process of shopping around and getting prices. I can't wait to get this gun. I also do my own reloading and like the fact that the M40 chamber is fully supported. There is a huge amount of information here and I am glad to be a member.

2. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Welcome to the SteyrClub!

I too reload, I'm using Precision Bullets "Black Bullet" .40 cal 185 gr with 5.7gr of WST at 1.130 OAL for gaming. I'm guessing - since I don't have a chrono - that it's moving somewhere around 900 fps. Makes for a really enjoyable match.

3. Il Cattivo

Il Cattivo New Member

Welcome, 007. Based on factory loads, I'd suggest trying some of the lighter bullets as well - the Steyr doesn't seem to have strong weight preferences.

4. jwl3715

jwl3715 New Member

007 - if you ever make it down to Cincy let me know. I'm across the river in Hebron, KY but there's a nice indoor range not too far from the city Independence. Would be nice to shoot with another Steyr owner.

John