Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I bought Steyr M9-A1 a month back from karachi,paid 225000 RS which is roughly2500 US Dollars,and was looking for a decent holster for it but couldn't find one at local market.I was surfing on web for it and come across this site and was very pleased to see so many gun lovers here.
I have one HK4 which can be converted into four calibers.(22,25,32,38)
One Stoeger couger 9mm
One Steyr M9-A1
One Taurus PT27/7 Pro 9mm
Regards
Akhund

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
There is one in Karachi but is controlled by Pak Navy,if you know someone from Navy then you can use the facility.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi
There is one in Karachi but is controlled by Pak Navy,if you know someone from Navy then you can use the facility.

There is a fair policy at pak navy shooting club.
Join the club with membership fees and go ahead with the shooting
No need of reference.

We also have rangers shooting club in karachi. (samepolicy)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Congrats on the Steyr Akhund bro, nice weapon. I was all set to go for it, but then the Caracal landed here at 50% the price of the M9, so took the C model in, Quick Sight.

The Steyr's grip has always fascinated me, like none else.

Regards.

·
Premium Member
5,073 Posts
We have a Blade-Tech representative on the forum (amybullock13), but I'm not sure how shipping would shake out considering your international location... You might want to PM her and ask; Blade-Tech has been one of the only major holster manufacturers to really get behind the Caracal products.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi
How much you paid for Caracal?
100K's ($1100), C-Q.S - 3 mags, year's limited warranty.

BUT! I'm in the line of fire due to this deal, since it was the 1.st Caracal picked over here and there are quite some debates going on - though one cannot DICTATE the dealers to sell at preferred rates. Let's see how it stabilizes, initial price was 150K's and I managed it down to 100. To take it further below, well let's see, time will prove. If it does come down further, I'll probably pick an F model as well.

Regards.

·
Registered
54 Posts
welcome akhund.
you can try Arabian Sea country club range at Steel Town, Karachi. They have a decent package and offer a lot of facilities under one roof. Myself visit there twice a month on average.

http://www.asccl.com/

@Syntax360

We now have 4 shooting clubs in Karachi (I am member at Country club shooting range), and one each in Lahore, Sialkot and Islamabad, these are that I am aware of. We cannot just go out and shoot on government lands, the laws are strict in Pakistan (surprisingly). However, people do manage shooting and hunting on private lands without government intervention, these lands are usually in rural areas. There are many LEA controlled shooting ranges in all cities, but you need to be in the respective LEA unit handling a range, or know someone working there, to have access.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thanks for the info! It seems Pakistan is beginning to be well represented here on SteyrClub - whodathunkit? :cheers:
Yes it seems so, hope to keep contributing meaningful stuff and learning at the same time..Nice forum this, happy to have found it out.

·
Registered
229 Posts
2500.00 dollars is very expensive compared to what we pay here in US. usually less than 500.00 dollars, for a steyr m pistol. i am curious what does a box, 50 rds, of ammo cost ? are there different kinds or companies that make and sell ammo ? what are the ammo prices there? and what kind of ammo do you all consider the best?

·
Registered
54 Posts
9mm FMJ:
Sellior & Bellot, Chinese Norinco, Russian Barnaul Brand, Armscor (Phillippines) are available form 45cents a pop to 65 cents, Chinese the cheapest, S&B the most expensive.
9mm JHP:
Armscor, Prvi Partizan (serbian) and S&B are available for 70cents to a full Dollar per cartridge!

357MAG and 45acp available from 70cents to a dollar for Armscor FMJ in different cities, and JHPs from US$1.0-1.5 a pop in different cities, mostly Armscor, Prvi and S&B.

EU and US weapons are expensive because of the embargoes imposed on our country by the Western powers.

I consider Sellior & Bellot amongst the best, but Chinese and Armscor are also pretty good, accurate and reliable. Chinese 9mm have higher overall length, which sometimes causes problems in some weapons, but they are consistent and reasonably accurate.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts