Greetings Everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Check-In' started by GoodGuyinBlack, Mar 15, 2013.

1. GoodGuyinBlack

GoodGuyinBlack New Member

I recently came across an S9 on Armslist. I traded up for it, and all I can say is wow! I have never owned a polymer wonder, but have handled many different kinds and the Steyr feels marvelous! The ergonomics are great and the trapezoidal sight picture makes me wonder why 3 dots are the norm in our culture.

I am experiencing an issue however. When a round is chambered the firearm can ever so slightly be pushed out of battery. I have been doing some research, and it seems to be relatively common. I do not think if SHTF someone would get that close to be an issue. But is this something I should contact SAI about?

This community seems great, and I look forward to the wealth of information available to me here! Cheers ladies and gentlemen.

2. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Welcome to the SteyrClub!

Most semi auto weapons can be pushed out of battery, that is a move that the Israeli self-defense guys have down pat. They grab the slide and push it rearward while pushing the weapon to the side. If your weapon is actually an S9 rather than an S9-A1, then you might want to get a new recoil spring for the slide.

3. tuicatuica

tuicatuica New Member

Welcome! There exists a wealth of information and knowledge on this site. Cheers.

4. Okie67

Okie67 Member

Welcome to Steyrclub!

5. jhb

jhb Member

Welcome.

Yeah its a common thing on the c9s, not sure about the s's? Talyn did a nice video explaining his take on the issue. A hard trigger pull puts mine back in battery, if no isreali soldier has his hand on the slide of course.:)