Green Laser

Discussion in 'Anything Else' started by anticentipede, Mar 28, 2007.

1. anticentipede

anticentipede New Member

2. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

haven't heard anything about this. i like the green. but i like anything that is florescent green!

looks like it is designed with a solid clamp on the dust cover. looks kinda bulky to me, but i've thought that about every laser. if it were to be made available for the steyr, i'm sure there are plenty of steyr shooting customers who would plunk down the cash. having an inexpensive holster to match couldn't hurt.

3. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

We'll see when the glock version is released - it should fit on the Steyr's just fine. A green laser would be really cool, but not much of an improvement over red. You should be able to see the green dot easier, but almost all of the appeal is tacticool factor...

4. smores

smores Guest

Green is much brighter than red... I have seen green lasers against red, and they are MUCH brighter. I have a red/green dot sight that has 5 brightnesses in each color. The dimmest setting on green is just a little brighter than the brightest red setting. I like this idea, and I hope to see more green lasers in the near future!

:p

5. Zundfolge

Zundfolge Member

The coolset thing is the little flash menu thing on the side ... shoot at spots that aren't links :D

6. swede413

swede413 Banned User

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was amused by that. :lol:

7. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

...not by a long shot!!!!

[Heck, I've been using their webpage for my range practice!! Save big $$$$ on ammo!!!! :D :D :D]

...anyone else notice the simulated 'muzzle flip' when firing???

such attention to detail... I hope they use the same care in making their products....

Think I will have one of these babies soon!

8. West01

West01 New Member

A word of caution....

The human eye is mostly sensitive to the green wavelength in the visual spectrum. A Green laser, even at Class 1 or 2 can cause permanent damage to someone eyesight. This is why it took so long for the green laser to see the civilian market.....The companies that manufacture the green laser diode had to make sure that their liabilities were covered.

As far as green laser use for target acquisition.... Its simply the best laser for the job.

Cheers!

West01

:D

9. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

That laser-pointer for a cursor is a pretty nifty javascript with a flash object.

I'll have to steal that one. (It's not really stealing when somebody's snazzy code is available free on the 'Net.)

Hey Deluxe, how about implementing that laser-pointer javascript here at Steyrclub?

10. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Not to jack the thread or anything, but have you guys seen the green lasers you can build that will burn holes through trash bags? :shock: :shock: The crystals are regulated and it is illegal to build one without proper licensing, but laser light enthusiasts have some pretty cool toys!

11. smores

smores Guest

http://www.wickedlasers.com

All of their lasers come with safety glasses. They even have a line of Blu-Ray lasers built with cannibalized diodes/lenses from Blu-Ray Disc players. Check it out. If I had $2,000 in my change drawer I'd pick one up ;)