Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many thanks to IDPA Steyr for his help and coaching for the wife and I during his recent business trip to Orlando.

A true nice guy of a heavily armed deadly individual (he even said I had a "nice car").

He helped us out on all the fundamentals, including the draw, stance, grip and reload, but mostly on transitions. I think my favorite piece of advice was "during a major match you'll do about 12 draws and 12 reloads, but probably 100 transitions". His 5x5 drill is fantastic for this and we will practice it.

I also got to shoot his M9 for some bowling pins (100k rnds and the gun is still tight!) though we ran short of time the second night and I didn't get to do a slow fire side by side comparison of three dot VS triangle/trap sights.

Best of luck to him and his wife at the nationals next week, I know they'll at least take high couple and quite probably more w/ one chromed M9 and one red M9, even going back to a stock barell.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Chef, Had a great time. Thanks for the hospitality of you and your wife. Reinforces in me the desire to have a Steyr only conference next year where we can do some coaching, have a small match and maybe even get some vendors to participate.

Again, thanks for taking in an out-of-town stranger and making my trip enjoyable.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts