great shooting times

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by FlaChef, Sep 15, 2005.

1. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

Many thanks to IDPA Steyr for his help and coaching for the wife and I during his recent business trip to Orlando.

A true nice guy of a heavily armed deadly individual (he even said I had a "nice car").

He helped us out on all the fundamentals, including the draw, stance, grip and reload, but mostly on transitions. I think my favorite piece of advice was "during a major match you'll do about 12 draws and 12 reloads, but probably 100 transitions". His 5x5 drill is fantastic for this and we will practice it.

I also got to shoot his M9 for some bowling pins (100k rnds and the gun is still tight!) though we ran short of time the second night and I didn't get to do a slow fire side by side comparison of three dot VS triangle/trap sights.

Best of luck to him and his wife at the nationals next week, I know they'll at least take high couple and quite probably more w/ one chromed M9 and one red M9, even going back to a stock barell.

2. IDPASteyr

IDPASteyr New Member

Chef, Had a great time. Thanks for the hospitality of you and your wife. Reinforces in me the desire to have a Steyr only conference next year where we can do some coaching, have a small match and maybe even get some vendors to participate.

Again, thanks for taking in an out-of-town stranger and making my trip enjoyable.