Gotta love Firefox

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by madecov, Jan 31, 2006.

1. madecov

madecov Active Member

Been using it for about a year. just downloaded version 1.6

added more extensions and love the thing

2. Subcanis

Subcanis New Member

its true. I jumped on the bandwagon about 2 years ago. The only problem I have is with some of the wbsites required at school require IE and wont work with mozilla.

3. bigtaco

bigtaco Active Member

don't know anything about it yet... but it looks interesting.

dumb question number 1) will it run java?

dumb question 2) need i remove ie? could i keep and use both?

4. Sound25

Sound25 New Member

Yes, it will run Java, and no, you do not need to remove IE, infact, it will move all your bookmarked pages automatically once you install it. Pretty sweet system, you can open new tabs inside of it, rather than opening a second IE window, you just hit control+T and it will show you a new screen, and then you can switch back and forth much faster. Here is the link
    http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ Hope you enjoy it! They also have thier own version of Outlook Express, that I prefer as well.

Sean

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I use all three, IE, Safari, and Firefox............depending on what I need to do........Safari is my favorite..........Firefox is a little slower........

6. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

I gotta chime in for Opera. I've been using it for years and I absolutely love it. My second choice would be firefox, though.

7. XNavyflyer

XNavyflyer New Member

I've been using Firefox for over a year now. The website only has 1.5 posted though. Are you on their secret mailing list? :wink:

8. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

XNavyFlyer,
    I have 1.5 also......for Mac......are using Apple??? We never seem to get the highest......that's why I stick to Apple's Safari....... :D

9. madecov

madecov Active Member

OOOooops my mistake.
    It is V1.5