Steyr Club Forums banner
3K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  FightDesigner 
#1 ·
I ordered the picattiny rail mount and the leather holster.

The rail adapter uses an aluminum rail and steel locking clamps. It is very well made and mounts up nice and tight. It aint fast by any means. I am glad I puchased it. and the M40 will be able to do bedside duty with an M3 or X200

I also purchased the Steyr leather holster. I am less enthused about this item. The gun fits very very tight, so tight it took me and my daughter to get the gun out. This aint all that bad since after break in it will hold the gun well. What isn't good is that the slots for a belt are almost paper thin, this means it is very hard to get onto a decent belt and that when mounted on the belt the belt has a hard time laying flat against the back side of the holster. This will make it less comfortable and less concealable.

Construction is adequate, stitching is decent but it could use some stitches around the slots. I suppose that it's not a bad deal at the price sold but for a bit more money and a little longer wait I imagine a holster by somone like FIST or the other better makers would be a better value.

G
#2 ·
Thanks for the review!

I need to get one of the adapters. I'm up to three (soon to be four) pistols with a Picatinny-compatible rail, so I can see a Surefire or Streamlight in my future. I'm leaning toward either the M3LED or the X200A.

The holster is a bit disappointing...maybe I'll wait and see how your CTAC comes out!

Thanks again!
Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.