Got me my first digital camera

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by madecov, Jan 31, 2007.

1. madecov

madecov Active Member

Bought a Fuji S9100. amazing piece of equipment. some family photo's

Took a few photo's just messing around

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

all have a bit of post processing. Guess I need to practice with the camera as it has way too many settings and options.

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

think you might have gotten a lemon all the pictures look fuzzy

:lol:

then again I seriously need to grab a lint roller have 4 cats and 1 old german short hair.

a cat named wolf what a strange turn of events got 2 users here named similar. Norwegian Forest cat. raised him and some others when they were newborns this cat is huge as far as the little ones go remember when this one could fit into the palm of my hand
    very thick fur so he prefers the cold tile flooring to rest on.
    scares the crap out of a 90lbs German Shorthair that he likes but she is absolutely affraid then again the dog is a 90 lbs lapdog.
    [​IMG]
    then a seal point siamese tab hybrid. was nicer when she was young and didnt have the stripes nice labrat white.
    [​IMG]
    use autofocus often and tend to get a bad image. too many settings indeed. can do small movies which have been fun for the range.

pretty worthless for mice though havent had any for a few years.
    killed more mice than all the cats my family has owned. used a simple bb gun. though had some years ago that knew what to do with a mouse and how to hunt it. norweigian forest cat has not encountered a mouse yet have a feeling he may have strong instincts on what to do.
    nice to have glimpses of time and share or pass them on.

3. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

What does cats have to do with Steyr. Grant it they are really cute. Someone asked me years ago if I liked cats. I told them, "Hell, I ain't never ate one". You don't own cats, they own you. I hate cats, really hate them. ...... Okay I have one named Boo. He's like a dog. He goes outside to use the bathroom and loves his belly rubbed. But, the new camera (you suck, 'cause I have been looking at the new Nikon. I have a Fuji 5000) post is making my eyes water. I am getting sensitive. Try using a macro lense and shoot and intense eye shot. If that don't work, try putting foil on their feet and put them on a tile floor. It will give the family hours of enjoyment !

Take Care,
    MTS

4. midtnshooter

I have posted a POST giving regulars some web space on my server. Madecov, if you dare to ask for space for your cats, I will hang myself from the bedroom doorknob with my cats lease. Seriously...I will, I swear!

MTS

5. madecov

madecov Active Member

Hell I have one more feline I haven't photo'd yet (was going to say shot, but this a weapon board)
    We also have a maltese. They all get along.
    The 9100 is my first digital camera (old school E6 and C41 guy here)

This camera has an extreme learning curve to it. I was going to go with a D-slr, but the cost was prohibitive.
    When the weather clears I'll do some pics of my Steyr's and a few other guns just to correct my feline posting issues.

6. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Member

Have to say, electronics and guns are the best presents ever.

'Grats. Felines look like a handful. :lol:

7. midtnshooter

I try to "shoot" the humingbirds on my wife's feeder close up, but I need a macro lense to get a truly closeup. My camera is a d-slr style, but I can't exchange lenses. The Canon and Nikon are on my list for birthday gifts.

I promised to show the fiber sights Wulf made. They are really cool. He bored out the front sights directly through the white triangle then dremmeled out the top to allow all light illuminate the fiber rod installed.

Have fun and try the foil and their feet. It drives them crazy, plus since cats never forget, they know not to pissyaoff. The down side, if any of them is male. They can pissyouoff also.

MTS

8. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Camera-phone?

Now you went and did it, Madecov. You forced me to show off my new toy. Would you believe a cellphone/camera that makes 2-megapixel photos?

It's a Sony-Ericsson K-750i that I got last May. Now they've got a new model out that takes 3-megapixel photos. Anyway, here's a link to some of the first photos I took with it: http://www.johnmyers.com/camera-phone.html

I'll show off a few of them here. (Madecov made me do it!)

Here's my grandson Nicholas, who can really fly (off the diving board). How's that for stop-action with a camera-phone? Also see: http://www.johnmyers.com/nicholas.html

[​IMG]

Here's our cat Josey (named for "the outlaw") watching squirrel TV out her window. Look closely at the bird feeder, which is really a squirrel feeder.

[​IMG]

Here's Harry the pool dog, cooling it on his float with his tennis ball.

[​IMG]

And finally, here's Josey doing what she does best, a foot kitty curled up on her favorite blankie on top of my feet. No flash, just dim indoor light.

[​IMG]

9. midtnshooter

This forum is so much better than yahoos menapause room 58. I get to see really good pictures and things. I am taking up knitting, any suggestions. If all of you need a really good side dish receipe, let me know!

Love ya, Mean it!

MTS

10. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I'm a Kodachrome kind of guy myself.

11. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hmmm...

You cat guys might like this then.

[​IMG]

Hava good weekend. :D

Wulf