Got a run of good luck today (insert evil laugh)

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by AZRonin, Sep 15, 2007.

1. AZRonin

AZRonin Guest

well gents today I set off for the local gun show today with my plr-16 in my case and a small shimmer of hope that I could run into the right circumstances to get my steyr ,all I could do was trade straight across for it, I dont have any extra money to my name to buy anything so I had to hope that in a little po-dunk town that some very kind gun owner would trade for it. with little optimism and alot of luck i managed to sell my kel tec for 400 and get a very lightly used M40-A1 with 4 hi-cap clips, guy didnt like the set up of the design and it hurt his hand to much from a surgery he had, so i kindly thanked the dealers that were involved and showed them my deepest gratitude for the service and I skipped home to open her up and check the inside for any wear, clean as a wistle. all in all a good day

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Good ta hear it, AZ* :)

I wish we had a decent gun show 'round these parts, but that just doesn't seem to happen. Closest is prolly Denver or ABQ...maybe Grand Junction...all of which are pretty much the better part of a day just gettin' there and back. I envy the SC members that have the opportunity to spend the day browsin' an' checkin' out the lates firearms and accessories at good gunshows. <sigh> Houston always hadda great one at the Astrohall, a true weekend extravaganza for shooting sportsmen. Oh well.... Let us know how she shoots. Hava great weekend. :)

Wulf

3. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Sometimes ya just get lucky. Sounds like a nice deal with all the hicaps.
    Hope it shoots well.

4. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

You're more than welcome to come tag along with utjon and I next week at the Dallas Market Hall show :p. Glad to hear it worked out for you, AZRonin!

5. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

AZRonin, where was the fun-show?
    I was wanting to have a good laugh looking at ammo prices. :lol:

Glad you found what you wanted.

6. Polymer Proselyte

Polymer Proselyte New Member

Whats a gun show?

Nah, just kidding. We have an annual one in the capital that is so cool. Heaps of military stuff and a lot of WW2 stuff that had come back from the war with grandad. You can even buy pistols there (shock horror). But there are always plain clothes police there checking licences and making sure nobodies selling stuff to people who don't have the right licence.

Last time there was this Austrialian 5.56 assault rifle they produced as their answer to the M16 (it wasn't a success) and it was only $1200.

this is what it looked like:

http://www.militaryimages.net/photopost/data/500/Leader_Dynamics_SAC.JPG

7. AZRonin

AZRonin Guest

well I borrowed a 20 spot fom the parentals for some ammo and headed down to the ammo/archery/liquor store (aint nothing like a one stop shop for all the things needed to end a hunting trip in tragedy) bought some 165gr. "PMC" Jacketed flat nose and headed out to the range(note too make the gun show, my house, the ammo store and shooting range are all within 3 miles of each other, god i love it). After wrestling with a clip for about 20 min I got 10 rounds into a 12 round magazine and I decided that was good for a start. set up three full water bottles at roughly 15, 20, 25 yrds and decided to try it out. it took me eight rounds to get the first two and I thought I had no chance at the last one at 25 yrds but I slowed down took the good ole combat stance and nailed the last bottle in one hit. Im quite satisfied with its performance, the most Im impressed with is the short crisp pull of the trigger, beretta, glock and even some sigs I fired had alot of play in the trigger but this one on the steyr feels more like an single action trigger,

8. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

Bushmaster sold that junker and a bullpup version here in the US for a while.
    It was called the M17 IIRC.

What a piece of Sheite

9. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

You don't by chance mean the M17s do you?

I have one, fully customized, and it's far from a piece of Sheite.

I agree that the origonal doesn't look that great, but even it got great reviews....

Origonal: http://www.smallarmsreview.com/april.htm

Mine: [​IMG]

10. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

What electro-magnetic frequency does that ray gun emit?

11. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

... its not a ray gun, Flash, ... its its a 5.56x45 particle beam weapon!!!

12. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Hey Guyver, who did your mods on the M17S? I have one in oroginal condition and wouldn't mind having your configuration.

AZ, nice going, congrats. It's great when a deal happens like that. That will always be a sweet memory, plus you have an incredible gun.

Enjoy.

Buzz

13. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

14. majette

majette Member

those M17s bullpups are going for a good amount now. had a chance to get one early this year for 500.00 and passed. talked to Kurt before i passed on it and he said he was trying to get tooling to chamber one in 6.8rem spc but since it was not available i passed on the rifle. would've been neat to have one in 6.8rem spc...