God Bless Texas - Reporter Suspended for Badgering Victim

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Syntax360, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I thought it might be nice to share this one with the class...

I caught a news "report" a few nights ago that made my stomach turn (you can see it here. We have had a string of defensive shootings lately here in the metroplex, stemming from a rise in break-ins. It is (fortunately) not the safest time to be a burglar in DFW - 70-year-old James Walton was forced to kill two intruders in the past 3 weeks at his home/business in Dallas. Fox 4 reporter Rebecca Aguilar caught the gentleman in an Academy parking lot a few nights ago (he was buying a new shotgun to replace the one DPD confiscated 8)) and literally brought the man to tears with inappropriate comments/questions/badgering. Well, it seems good folks still recognize their own kind here in the Great State of Texas and Fox 4 was bombarded with calls/e-mails/web-submissions from outraged viewers who saw how Aguilar treated Mr. Walton after he was forced to do something no person should ever have to go through (let-alone twice in such a short period of time). As a result, KDFW has indefinitely suspended Rebecca Aguilar for the way she handled this "report". You can read the full story over at the Dallas Observer if you are interested.

Bravo, fellow DFW viewers 8)

2. mrboma

mrboma Member

Agreed

Think I'll send him a box of 00.
    Thinking about sending her a book on kindness.
    Mike

3. Dobry

Dobry Guest

Hmm... Fox 4, KDFW, had it pulled from Youtube, apparently claiming "copyright" infringement.

What a bunch of journalist weasels. :roll: :lol:

4. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

5. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

what an idiot. we have the castle law in texas that says you can shoot to protect your residence and property. Wait untill someone breaks into her house, and she has to wait 20-30 minutes for police to show up. If someone breaks in to my home, screw this lady I'm shooting to kill.

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Makes me almost ashamed to admit that I worked as a photojournalist for 30+ years, though all my labors were in the print media, not TV. Apparently all they teach the TV types in whatever "school" they attend is how to shove a mike in some victim's face and ask the same question, "How did (insert tragedy here) make you feel?"

And the vast majority of news people I worked with were and are so far to the left they meet themselves head-on coming around a hairpin turn. I always felt like a 'ho in church amongst that crowd (hopefully in reverse). :mrgreen:

Glad to hear that this "news" person's obvious bias against guns finally got her canned. Three cheers for Texas! :twisted:

7. Dobry

Dobry Guest

Missed it again!!! Pulled for copyright infringement. :roll: :x

Why do I smell lawsuits and other such tomfoolery somewhere in the mix?

8. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Hopefully it will spread, like the Governator telling the T.V. reporter she was trying to make the San Diego fire aftermath sound worse than it is.