Gmail invite thread.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by WorldPax, Apr 5, 2005.

1. WorldPax

WorldPax New Member

Well I have about 50 invites I'm not using, so if anyone wants to go the Gmail route, especially now that it's 2Gig of storage and growing.

Here's the thread to request in.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I have 50 as well that I will give away if yours run out or to anyone that pm's me an address to send the invite to.
    Gmail rocks!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Excuse my ignorance ... but what exactly is Gmail?? :?

4. WorldPax

WorldPax New Member

It's Google's free email service, they give you 2-gigs of space, and you can search through your archived mail, it's a pretty nice interface. I went to it to avoid changing my email addy everytime I changed ISP's.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Ah ok ... so if its free then whats the 50 invites stuff about?? :?

6. WorldPax

WorldPax New Member

When they started, it was by invitation only so that they didn't overload, it still is invite only, but there's a lot more invites out there. When I signed up I only had 5 invites, now I have 50.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Cool. I currently use hotmail.com (250 mb storage) but might be willing to migrate as this Gmail sounds like an upgrade. 8)

8. Guest

Guest Guest

2 gigs???? Wow. I have a gmail address that I set up and haven't used. I might have to start stashing some stuff there.

9. WeedNemesis

WeedNemesis New Member

I also have 50 invites. PM me with an e-mail addy if you want one.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks! One more question though, how long do I have to use the invite if you sent me one? I just ask because I don't want to waste anyone invites if I don't activate quick enough. Also, do your invites expire anytime soon if you don't hand them out?

11. WorldPax

WorldPax New Member

I think they last a week, not much chance of wasting it cause we get it back if you don't use it. Chances are at some point Gmail will just be a straight sign-up and invites won't be needed.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Cool. 8)