Glock Talk = Bleeech......

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by babj615, Oct 24, 2007.

1. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

...thought I would go out on a limb and post on the Glock Talk Forum....

...Geeez.....

....What a bunch of savages......

:? :? :? :?

Really makes one appreciate the great group of contributing members we have here at SteyrClub....

8) 8) 8) 8)

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya bab* :)

Ya barely oughtta reconsider that series of posts ya just involved urself in, Dude. :shock: I mean, when ya walk into a room full o' turds, ya rarely barely step in shit. <shrug> What'd ya expect, Dude? :shock: ... Barely lo-ballin' the poor bastard then barely questioning his integrity in front of his Bro's. :shock: Next time, unless ya want the same kinda responses, barely PM the prick. BTW, I'd rarely keep an eye on the sale of a barely used G17 for $450. :shock: BTW, I've rarely seen any G17's that have barely gone for $500 NIB round here. <shrug> And I mean rarely. Actually, $519 NIB at one local sporting goods store, that I rarely frequent. <shrug> So maybe $425 includin' shippin' to your FFL for a rarely used G17 is barely outrageous, in certain jerk circles. <shrug> Sorry the whole thing went south for ya, Bro. <shrug> But, I'll bet u'll barely get over it. ;)

Wulf <-- barely rarely tolerable

3. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

i read the post and damn...what a jerk. .i rarely use my shift key on here, I don't think it makes anyone less credible maybe just more comfortable. and the sticker question i thought was legit? you can't really see the warning label good that he is talking about.

About english as the second language what if it was? You can't be bi-lingual and have decent support and comrodary. I commonly misspell words, no one has once called me on it at steyrclub, which I'm thankful for.

I graduated college but am I supposed to proof read what I write and correct things if I forget to type
    " im going back where it much more civilized.... ", an "is" in this sentence. I like when people don't include words it makes us human on here, rather than just text and words.

if you understand what people are saying who cares what words people overlooked. this guy never made a mistake? I thank everyone at steyrclub for putting up with my mis-spelled, gramatically incorrect writings.

I doubt if everyone over there is that obnoxious.

I had a glock 22 in similar condition and sold it FTF here in houston for $375. I maybe could have got $400 but this guy thinking he is going to get $500 for that thing after shipping and FFL, anyone with a right mind would buy one from a retailer.

4. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

hi babj,

read the posts, way too much kool aid over there, its like visiting a mac forum
    your offer sounded reasonable to me.
    pretty sure i saw one the other day in a retail store that takes cards for around 400.

try these guys - State Line Gun Shop - 603-878-2854

5. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

Wow - that was way harsh. I would certainly never buy a gun from a guy who reacted like that to a simple offer - absolutely uncalled for. You know babj, you could pour that money into something-Steyr instead just to spite them all :twisted: :p

6. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Babj, your offer was right on the mark. Here locally that gun would be $400 to $450. Let's call it $425. Then add to that shipping ($25) and transfer and the gun costs $475. For $25 more you could have one new. He could sell that gun today at $400 but will probably drag it out forever much higher and then trade it in at a local shop and take a real bath on it. Price it to sell and he can move on to his next mistake.

I occasionally lurk at that forum when I have a Glock question, but there is so much BS to get through and such attitudes. No thankee, and no loss.

Buzz

7. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

we have moderator's here that will delete comment if it is not very friendly. I had one deleted last night.

8. Corbin Dallas

Corbin Dallas New Member

Listen guys, I don't want to rain on your offer parade, but if I could get a G17 for $500 out the door I would jump on it. $400 for a "slightly" used G17 is just an insulting offer. In my area, you'd be LUCKY to get a G17 OTD for under $600.

He's selling this at a reasonable price of $450 + $25 to your FFL. And wolf, how would you respond if someone told you to lower your price by $50, when the average price for a new one is well over $100 more.

Also, why crap on his thread? If you don't like the price, don't buy it. Simple. If you want to make an offer, PM it to him.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=752997 = Rules: Don't crap on someones thread. I'm sure the same rule applies here.

9. pilotbenjamin

pilotbenjamin New Member

i can get new glocks for about $530 here and slightly used all day long for $400-$425 otd.

I had some extra time, waiting on-call so I joined glib talk, i mean glock talk and made him an offer he can't refuse. haha. :p

10. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Mr. Dallas,

NOT to rain on YOUR parade, BUT:

Why would ANYONE allow someone else's economic position dictate their own?

If we did that, we might be paying 2500.00 USD for a Steyr pistol [Philippines Economics....]

I don't care what it cost him where he is at. I only care what it cost me, as I am the potential buyer.

For my local economy, I offered a very reasonable price....

AND, its not like G17's are so hard to come by..... Not like he's selling something uber rare......

I didn't crap on his thread, I made an honest offer. [Politely]

All he needed to do was decline. [Politely]

Instead, he and his thugs decided to start a pissing match....

11. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

The fact remains that the same gun can be had any number of places on the Net brand new for basically what he's asking once the buyer incurs all necessary expenses. For what Glocks are going for in Dallas the gun might be a good deal for you, but for what they are going for here and for Babj and Pilotbenjamin it isn't a good deal and $400 is a reasonable offer. Plus, I've seen offers like that accepted. A counteroffer is part of bargaining. It was hardly a lowball.

Buzz

12. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I particularly enjoyed the part about how they're sure you're not going to buy anything this year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They obvious don't know of your "reputation"... I think (since it's already a pissing match) you oughta throw up one or two of your pictures to show them just how much of a freak you are when it comes to buying these things :lol: I don't think they can fully appreciate your definition of disposable income without a visual aid or two :lol:. Only if you feel like rolling through the mud with them some more, of course...

13. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

crap, checked turners online ad and last weeks is already gone but there was a glock compact in 45acp for $500 and a another one, cant remember the cal WITH A LASER for $560

14. xjrat

xjrat Premium Member

Before I bought my Steyr which was my first handgun purchase I was looking
    on GT and was sickened by them. They are so quick to jump on ANYBODY even
    a new person with an honost question that might not live up to there standard.
    I actually found out about steyr from GT. One guy asked about them and had a pic
    of one and he BLASTED from all sides about how they were cheep knock off crap and
    blah blah.... I saw the pic and did a google search and found this place and was SOOOO
    happy with the honosty and kindness and brotherhood here that made my
    decision easy as to which one gun to buy.
    I hate to go to ranges where those type of people are or work. I think it is a black eye to
    the shooting world. The range I go to is like that. When I had an honost question I got LAUGHED
    out of the store... :evil: It is people like that with a closed little mind that makes it an us (gun people)
    vs. them (people that don't like guns). When if we were more open to people with questions or those
    on the fence it would be a different country... Ok I am off the soap box now...

15. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Hey babj,

Some folks just have no manners and where never taught to be polite.. I feel it is quite a shame..

Thats why I own handguns :lol: :lol:

I was just talking to a friend at work about just this same thing.. Seems he went through this on a pc site. We came to the conclusion that some people suck you can't make them happy. I think for some if they think you are one up on them they will ride you just to make them self feel better..

Any way sorry you had to meet such a fine group of folks.... :mrgreen:

16. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Babs, you're dead on the money. When you compare the common civility and tone of two gun sites, here vs. Glocktalk, it's like the difference between Mars and Venus, Red State vs. Blue State, just two different worlds.

I posted a bit over there, but when people start ridiculing you just because they can or they think it's "fun"...

Sure makes me appreciate what a great group we have here at SteyrClub. Hey, I LUUUUUUUUUUV you guys! (Are you gonna drink that beer? Can I have it?) :mrgreen:

17. ChillyWilly

ChillyWilly New Member

Not commenting on you HM just in general but the above is the biggest problem with todays society, people try make other people happy searching for acceptance creating a group of dumbasses, rather than standing tall on real character and letting the dumbasses weed themselves out.

18. heavymetalmachine

heavymetalmachine New Member

Ok so you want to start a flame war here :lol: :lol: :lol:

No I'm kidding!! :wink:

I do want to say that I my not have got my point across. I post for me and maybe for someone I can help or help me.. As for the opinions of others I have little time to worry about that.

As for not being able to make others happy I think I was trying to say that some folks will disagree with you as long as you don't agree with them..

Example I like my $400 RIA Some say a 1911 has to cost $1100 for a start. On most site's when I bring up Armscor=RIA I get crapped on. Then I read all the problems people have with there high dollar guns and say I have never had a problem with my RIA but my pistol does not count because it cost less..

Sorry for the rant...

19. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Hiya Corbin* :)

hmmmmmmmmmmm...I guess I'd respond with a polite, "thanx but no thanx" kind o' thing and let it go at that. But that's just me. <shrug> How would you respond, Corbin*? IMHO, this egotestical confrontation is bein' blown a bit outta proportion, but fun.! :twisted: Goes ta show ya that there is a kinda team loyalty that "en devours to persevere" with both Clubs. But, consideration is an important part of forum etiquette, IMHO. If you'll reread my post, ya may find that I was only tryin' to be clever and disarming in hopes of reigning in a potential feud with our GT buddies. <shrug> We have quite a few members that frequent both Clubs, basically in search of up to date info concerning state-of-the-art Austrian-made firearms that either they/we have an interest in purchasing or already have them in possession and want to bask and waller in the online theater of their greatnesses. <shrug> I'm sorry if I've offended any SC bros or any GT members. But, I hafta admit, I have grown to admire myself in situations like this. ;) Take it easy, Bro. :)

Wulf <-- a legend in his own mind ;)

20. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Okay Dr.Phil Here

When I was about to buy my latest. I searched for a ole' reliable. I did my research... (well after a six and a 21 year old geeshee girl) I choosed the M40. Everyone stood by the Glock like walking soldiers. I am only speaking for the ones in my area that I talked to. These guys and gals give me a ribbing everytime we shoot. They like my pistol and I liked theirs, but some of the internet savy that stalks certain forums can take "loyality" to new levels.

I believe immaturity can go along ways. I think I'll log into that forum and........... [Disclaimer, the following text has been removed by the SteyrClub.com adminstrators. All references to other forums WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Thank you, and please put your trays in the upright position]