Glock Kaboom caught on video

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by MrApathy, Jan 4, 2007.

1. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

2. Wulf

Wulf Premium Member

Dayam 8-O

3. neviv

neviv New Member

yes mrapathy that video happens here in the Philippines

4. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

be interesting to find more info on the situation.
    reloads,new,setback,WECSOG(wiley E coyote school of gunsmithing)

5. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

Not sure from the comments if it was a .40

6. GTrain

GTrain Guest

that must have hurt!

7. SELFDEFENSE

That could ruin your whole day

8. nuj

nuj New Member

hi there,
    definetely that hurts, that whats called a double load, it could have been a 9mm or 40 cal., the gun , a compact version for sure. thats what you get for not reading the manual, never use RELOADS on a glock or any polygonal rifling handgun.
    funny but i too used reload on both of my glock, a G17 mariner and G21 that i converted to full-auto, i just made sure the gun(s) are very clean, used LIQUID-MOLY gun oil and used reload coming from a reliable reloader.

9. SELFDEFENSE

nuj:
    "G21 that i converted to full-auto..:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    :shock: Any video or other info?

10. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

Strange, Ka-Blooeys dont even look that bad in real life.

11. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

what happens when you do use reloads on a polygonal barrel????

12. nuj

nuj New Member

polygonal barrel/lead bullets

hi there babj615,
    according to some firearms manufacturers using polygonal barrels, never use lead bullets during firing sessions because (glocks) not only do they impart spin but also compress the bullet to the form of the barrel. thats why such barrels have much higher velocity than ordinary one. also lead fouling occurs much offen and once not checked or cleaned properly may cause dangerous chamber pressure that may blow the barrel at the shooter. thats why glock recommends using factory full metal jacket/hollow point ammo on all its guns.
    as for me using reloads ( lead bullets) on my glocks, well, i make it sure that its really clean as in REALLY CLEAN before i start firing away. like i said i leave in a country were bullets are a premium. ther way to go here is use lead reload bullets for firing at the range and original bullets for carry. unlike there in the states were you can return your gun whenever you feel like it, here it different. also thats one reason i sold all my glocks and got a steyr instead :lol:, no more worrying that one day my luck finally runs out hehehe
    hope this answers you question, takecare and ahoot straight

13. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

So reloads would be OK, so long as they are FMJ?

and, what do you mean by "in the states you can return your gun whenever you like..."????

Thank You!

14. nuj

nuj New Member

there in the states

hi there babj615,
    you were asking what "there in the states" means, well, your gun laws are quite different from ours here in the philippines. there are a lot of laws regarding firearms , let me give you an example, for one thing, if by chance you get a really shitty firearms, here, you just can't ask for a replacement (new), the dealer has to check and recheck everything regarding your complaint. only repairs will do, no new gun and if you started to have a really bad day and plan on sueing, unlike there you can in the u.s.a 0 sue all you want, here, try threathening , it might just work, sueing doesnt work, our legal system is really slow as in REALLY SLOWWWWWWW, for short, we have to make the most of what we have.............sounds confusing, well thats life my friend
    hope this answers your questiion. takecare and shoot straight

15. midtnshooter

midtnshooter Premium Member

Great Link, Here's another one

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NZrdbSJVSVM

One for the CCW! Yeah Baby. Also watch the woman holding the baby. She doesn't do anything till the staff tells her to come behind the counter. She hasn't the fight or flight skills.

See Ya,
    MTS

16. Corbin Dallas

Corbin Dallas New Member

Nothing. I've put 1000's of reloads down the barrel of my G23 with no problems. A double charge or squib can cause the above video.