Getting Wolff to make Steyr springs. Need your help.

Discussion in 'M, C, L and S Series' started by Guest, Jan 31, 2006.

How many here would like Wolff to make aftermarket springs for Steyr pistols?

1. Yes, I would like them to make springs for the Steyr and would be interested in purchasing them.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, I am not interested in Wolff making springs for the Steyr pistols and would not buy them if they

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Guest

Guest Guest

I wrote to Wolff about making aftermarket springs for Steyrs. This was the response I got:

Thank you for writing and for your interest in our product line. While we do not have plans on making replacement springs for the the Steyr M40 at this time, that can change as demand increases. About all I can offer is to run a database search for a similar spring. I'll need the OD, wire size or spring ID, the number of coils and the overall length of the existing M40 spring you're looking to replace.

Sorry we can't be of more assistance to you at this time.

Regards,
    John Andrews
    Wolff Gunsprings

Well, if enough people ask them, they will do it. Their e-mail address is:

mail@gunsprings.com

In addition, I will include a poll here so that perhaps I can use it to show them that indeed there is an interest. I may also include this same thread and poll at Glocktalk in the Steyr forum, so vote there too. Your comments would probably also be useful.

2. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

I'd jump all over this if they had springs for the 9mm's. I like to buy a pack or two to keep around - it's cheaper than buying new mags when the springs crap out.

3. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

one nice pack w/ every steyr spring would be VERY handy to have around

4. srfl

srfl New Member

I cranked out a quick e-mail to them.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

It's probably a good idea for more and more people to e-mail them.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

springs...

ditto on having sent them an e-mail

David Foky
    Charlottesville VA

7. Guest

Guest Guest

If you haven't already e-mailed them...please do. The more, the better.

8. Sound25

Sound25 New Member

Just send an email

Sean

9. Syntax360

Syntax360 Moderator

Dunno if you guys have received the same, but I just got an e-mail from John Andrews at Wolff regarding the Steyr springs. Basically, he politely said what we all know - there currently are no plans to develop the said springs, and even if there was it would take up to a year to finish. He also kinda hinted that our e-mails are not exactly going to send them running to the drawing board, but again - very professional and polite. I doubt this little campaign will yield any results, but hey - never hurts to try.
    Too bad.

10. Matches

Matches New Member

As the saying goes "the squeaky wheel gets the oil". If you say nothing you will certainly be ignored, speak up and maybe you get ignored.

Matches

11. Guest

Guest Guest

That's a hell of a lot more than what was written to me. If indeed he hinted that our e-mails won't send them to the drawing board, that is the first I have heard of an acknowledgement by them of a collective effort campaign. That means it's working...if only by getting their attention. I just hope that it doesn't run out of steam. That is what Wolff is probably counting on.

Tell your Steyr-owning friends to e-mail them as well...and even the ones who are in the process of acquiring a Steyr.

12. remat457

remat457 New Member

I just got a response back from Woff and it said they have no plans to make them (or the Sig Pro 2009)..

13. Sound25

Sound25 New Member

Just got a responce, all he said was what was first written, that they don't make them, and to give him to od/id and all that for the springs. At least they are willing to help you replace them. Perhaps someone who has avalible money to just throw around could tear thier Steyr apart, measure all the springs, have wolf find them, and order like 50 of each, then just bundle them up, and sell them off... Might be a money maker for said someone. Wish that I could afford to do this, but the IRS has me by the balls for a couple of months.... :oops: So just a thought....

14. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm probably not saying anything that everyone else hasn't already thought, but I would do it if I was guaranteed to have all the springs replaced. My only fear is that I send them the springs, they do all the measurements (allegedly) and then send me back my now-worthless damaged springs months or years later with a note saying, "Oh sorry...We can't help you. Here are your original (now damaged) springs. Good luck!"

The only way that is even remotely going to happen is if I have two Steyrs and can stomach one being out of commission for an indefinite period of time...or at least until someone finally starts making springs for them...which at this point seems as if it is the same thing.