Getting a Caracal C tomorrow

Discussion in 'Caracal C and F Series' started by Two Guns, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Two Guns

Two Guns New Member

First post fellows.I am going to make a trade tomorrow for a Caracal C with QAS. The Caracal has had 300 rounds down the tube but looks new. I am trading my Gen 3 Glock 26 with night sights for it. The Glock is in good shape with about 2000 rounds down the pipe. Do you guys think it was a good trade for me? I am mainly making the trade because of the QAS and how low the Caracal sits in the hand. I have never shot a Caracal but they just feel so good in the hand. So any thoughts on my trade.

2. ETH77

ETH77 Premium Member

Welcome to the SteyrClub!

IMHO you are doing a wise thing! The QAS is an excellent design for defensive pistol.

3. Okie67

Okie67 Member

Sounds like a perfect trade to me,having owned a G26 myself.:thumbsup:

4. Two Guns

Two Guns New Member

Where is the best place to get mags for the Caracal C ?

5. jhb

jhb Member

Seems to be a shortage right now....guess due to the recall of the pistol and thi being a side effect of that. I checked all my usual haunts that carried them. Most said out of stock or no backorders. Some had eliminated existance of them ever being on their site. Best bet is call caracal usa andbuy them direct.

6. Okie67

Okie67 Member

7. Two Guns

Two Guns New Member

I did order 3 F mags from centerfiresystems. They do not have C mags right now.

8. Urban_Redneck

Urban_Redneck New Member

Since the recall was announced, I believe most outlets have returned their stock for refunds. Good news is, you'll get a free mag when you send your pistol in for exchange.

9. Two Guns

Two Guns New Member

I am not sending mine back. I will take my chances. This thing just shoots too good.

10. Talyn

Talyn New Member

I want one!

11. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I feel the same way, but I carry these guns and do not want to risk a mechanically-induced AD.

12. Talyn

Talyn New Member

With the return of them, there might be a way we can fix the issue our selves as well.

Might be something stupid like stone this part for half a second, reassemble. okay, strike catches right now.

13. Two Guns

Two Guns New Member

I don't think it is any different than carrying a Series 70's Colt.

14. Syntax360

Syntax360 Premium Member

I wouldn't do that, either - if I had a choice.

15. Talyn

Talyn New Member

So, no reports of returns on the caracals yet?

16. Talyn

Talyn New Member

You know, let me ask Jeff (not at SAI) to see if he has any insider info.

17. Okie67

Okie67 Member

Im going to wait it out and see how things go with the recalled Pistols.Hopefully after this is over I can return mine for just a repair, wishful thinking on my part.