Steyr Club Forums banner
4K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Projekt : that would be the law enforcement model with the handcuff key lock out conversion... i have the same lockout.
the lil pin on the backside of the key is for the handcuff double lock.. i.e. you lock the cuffs so they wont come off "1st"lock then lock the secondary so that the cuffs wont get any tighter "2nd" lock..

#6 ·
I have ONE of the LE lock conversions that was given to me.
I'm serioulsy thinking of putting it on the A1. Will be a great addition to the gun especially once I can qualify with it and carry it.

Now we need to get the folks at Steyr to push Safariland and Bianchi into duty gear.

G
#7 ·
Key for M40 needed.

Howdy all.
I am in need of a key for the M40. it is the handcuff key that I am in need of. Will any handcuff key work in this pistol? I just sold my last one with nights sights and the guy said he didn't get a key. So I do not have one to even look at as the other M40 I have with standard sights uses the flat and black metal key.
Any help would be appreciated.

email me zi_tekx@web-access.net

Thanks all.

#11 ·
does steyr offer a cuff key lock upgrade?

I have a M-40 with the standard spanner key lock. My pistol was a display model and came without the key, case, manual, ect.

(It did come with night sites, a rubber grip, and three magazines.)

I would like the case and various other things that are missing, how do I purchase them?

Can the key/lock be changes easily?

Can the LE key lock system be purchased?

As always your information and advice is appreciated.

Semper Fi,
ret_marine2003

#12 ·
Re: does steyr offer a cuff key lock upgrade?

ret_marine2003 said:
I have a M-40 with the standard spanner key lock. My pistol was a display model and came without the key, case, manual, ect.

(It did come with night sites, a rubber grip, and three magazines.)

I would like the case and various other things that are missing, how do I purchase them?

Can the key/lock be changes easily?

Can the LE key lock system be purchased?

As always your information and advice is appreciated.

Semper Fi,
ret_marine2003
the le lockout was able to be purchased seperately from usa steyr.. thats where i got mine... it does NOT come with a key.. just the lil plastic lock and a small spring. price was around 8.00 + shipping came to like 14.00 if i remember correctly.. usa styer "airgun express" were a bunch of thieves. the actuall key change out is not that difficult. you best bet for a steyr case and manual would be the new steyr contact/repair facility. where ever it is now loacted.

#13 ·
Does USA Steyr still exist?
If so where and how do I contact them?

What is airgun express?

On a good note, I shot my steyr at the range today.

I like it, but it will take some getting used to.

I can make some tight groups and I always hit the target, but I need to become more familiar before it will replace my standard duty pistols.

G
#15 ·
madecov said:
I have ONE of the LE lock conversions that was given to me.
I'm serioulsy thinking of putting it on the A1. Will be a great addition to the gun especially once I can qualify with it and carry it.

Now we need to get the folks at Steyr to push Safariland and Bianchi into duty gear.
---------------- I just bought a Steyr M40LE on Gun Brokers. I tried to use the handcuff key to lock my Steyr due to grandkids in the house that prowl around. The part of the lock that is pushed in and turned with the handcuff key is made of plastic and has messed up and now the key is not able to turn the lock to the safe position. My M9 is of the type that uses the little two prong key and I've never had a problem with it. Does anyone know how to get another lock part and if so HOW?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.