Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my GB it only came with one mag. I paid an exorbitant amount for the second mag because once I had the second one I could hunt for the third one at my leisure. The third one was acquired for just under $100. My goal has been to obtain a fourth. Every time I walk into a gun shop I search their mags looking for the unique contours of the GB mag. Even before the current panic a GB mag went for $300 on Gunbroker. Recently I accepted the fact that I would only have three mags, especially with all of the craziness right now.

Today a buddy of mine and I went to a local gun shop to see what was new. I noticed a box on the floor with unmarked loose mags. I always go through boxes like that and am invariably looking for that one GB mag. After digging to the bottom, there it was and in outstanding condition. I knew darn well what it was but looked for that 18 by the bottom witness hole nonetheless. Trying to keep my composure I showed the owner the mag and asked "how much". He told me that all of the mags in the box were $25. I had the cash in his hand so fast you wouldn't believe. Of course once the transaction was complete I said nothing to the owner about the value of the mag. Nothing worse than rubbing someone's nose in it.

For me it's always the other guy who gets these deals. Never say never.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey, good for you! Know what you mean about the other guy always getting the good deal. Had a GB back in the early 90s....should have never sold it!

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Great find. Always a good idea to dig in the "junk" box. You never know what you will find.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Went to another shop and rooted through two boxes of mags. Score again! A CZ 75 16 round mag for $14 in new condition. Not bad, especially these days. My Phantom takes a 19 round mag but a 16 rounder will do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts