Gander mtn

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by FlaChef, Sep 5, 2006.

1. FlaChef

FlaChef Guest

they are building a gander mtn store down here. I've heard of them, but never been in one. For those of you who have Gander's, what are prices like?

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

some prices good some prices bad. occasional gem in the used handgun drawer.

check with store see if they match prices

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Gander Mountain in what most of us would like to find under the Christmas Tree on 12/25/06.
    Prices run from a bit high to WOW, I can't past that up>

Armayor

4. madecov

madecov Active Member

I needed a bottle of cold blue
    Went to gander and was almost going to purchase one at $7.00

Went across the street to Academy, same exact bottle $2.99

It's a great store to spend time walking around. You need to know prices before you purchase. Sometimes (rare) there is a deal to be had.

If there is something you absolutely need today (cleaning stuff etc.) chances are they will have it. Each store has a gunsmith who is very expensive.

I have seen some fair deals on surplus ammo there, not great deals but fair.

5. RiceCakes

RiceCakes Guest

We were pricing out camo cold weather gear. When to bass Pro (Outdor World, enormous), not a lot of deals. Gander mountain and Dicks sporting goods had all of last years camo models resuced at least 50% off. Best buy was a $100 goretex, insulated coat for 20 bucks and a $150 fleece, waterproof, breatheable, insulated bibs for 50 bucks. Also got a $60 columbia rainjacket for $25. They had some killer clearance deals...I got all my cold weather gear, probably for the rest of my life...for about 200 bucks. And its all top of the line. The only feature its missing is scent-lok.

6. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

got one about 2 miles from me. It is hit or miss. Some good prices....for example wolf 7.62x39 i just go for $.50 less a box than ammoman.

got my M9 there for about $320 3 years ago.

i like to window shop there a lot....i have found some good deals on used rifles there.

expect the prices at mine to drop soon.....cabelas opens 10 miles away in 3 weeks.....

7. RangerM9

RangerM9 New Member

oh yea.....as soon as i finish my masters i'll probably apply for a second job there or cabelas....just something for gun money....or ammo money...depending on how you look at it.....

8. charmincarmens

charmincarmens New Member

Very good prices on hand guns,at least in my area of Ohio.Some times good sale prices on ammo.Not a huge store but good to customers. RA ALL THE WAY