Galco Gunleather for S40-A1

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by Waltherfan01, Apr 7, 2013.

1. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

Hey all,

With all the new members checking in and asking questions about holsters I thought I'd post reviews of my two Galco holsters. I was first introduced to Galco while looking for a nice IWB (in waste band) holster for my Bersa Thunder 380. I found a nice tuckable holster (TUC456) made specifically for the Bersa. The price was right so I picked it up. It soon became my favorite holster and made my Bersa my favorite carry gun.
    Looking through the forum for information on holsters for the Steyr led me to the fact that a lot of leather holsters made for the Springfield XD series pistols will work for the Steyr pistols. I looked at a couple manufacturers like Blackhawk! and Bianchi, but found that their leather was too thick for my personal preference. Enter Galco. I'd never had an OWB (on waste band) holster before, but needing something for my S40-A1 I picked up a Galco Paddle Lite Holster for the XD 9/40 with a 3" barrel (PDL444B). The gun fits nicely in the holster, though the barrel does stick out the bottom. The finish and stitching on the holster are top notch, and the polymer paddle is tight. My only complaint about the paddle holster is that it is not easy to put on or take off, which is what I thought a paddle holster was designed for. I found that carrying it at 3 o'clock was uncomfortable as my arm rested against the gun, but 4 o'clock works nicely and it draws just fine from there.
    Still needing an IWB holster, I picked up a Galco Stow-N-Gow Inside the Pant Holster for the Springfield XD 9/40 4" (STO440). When I first inserted the gun into the holster I was impressed by how tightly it fit, too tight in fact. After letting it sit in the holster overnite I found that it loosened up enough to draw and reholster nicely. As with my previous two Galcos, the stitching is fantastic! I don't worry that the stitches will give way at all. I also really like the reinforcment around the lip of the holster, which helps it stay open for reholstering. The polymer beltclip is nice, and really hugs the belt, making for clean draws. The only thing I don't like about this holster, and it's not a bad thing, really, is that the leather sticks past the barrel some. Like I said, not a big issue, and certainly not one that effects functionality.
    Being the owner of three Galco Gunleather Holsters, and wanting one for my Walther PPQ, I can say I recommend Galco with two thumbs up! The price is reasonable and the fit is virtually perfect.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2013
  2. Waltherfan01

Waltherfan01 New Member

Hey all,

Just wanted to post a follow-up; I've been carrying my S40-A1 all day today in my Galco Stow-N-Go holster. I've been all over the place today looking for ammo and I've spent over an hour in the car (40 minutes at a stretch) and I actually forgot I was wearing my gun. I normally carry my Bersa Thunder and I can say that I've never forgotten I was wearing it. I love my Bersa, but sometimes it jabs me with that beaver tail. Like I said, I forgot I was wearing my gun. It conceals nicely underneath a khaki canvas vest that I wear, and is just plain comfy. I'm wearing it while I type, actually. I know because it caught on my chair, otherwise there are no comfortability complaints.

3. Smith10

Smith10 New Member

nice reviews, glad that those holsters are working well for you.

I also tried a galco cop for the XD/XDM 4" that worked like it was made for it.