G29 10mm users?

Discussion in 'Other Handguns' started by Netfotoj, Jan 15, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

I just ran across some G29 10mm Glocks NIB for $475 at http://www.summitgunbroker.com/1503692.html

I've read about this awesome-sounding weapon, including a very favorable magazine review by "the man," Masaad Ayoob. He called it a "pocket rocket." But I've never even held one, much less shot it.

I've got a S&W 1076 10mm which is a great pleasure to shoot, but of course it's a big hefty hunk of steel, whereas the G29 is a whole lot lighter.

Has any one here ever shot a G29 or had any experience with one? I'd love to buy this gun sight unseen and unshot, but would at least like encouraging words from someone with experience. :?:

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

It is on my list to buy......Like you I'm a big fan of the 10mm. I have converted the 30 to 357sig and 40cal and they were fine. I have a G20 that is wonderful to shoot.......BUY IT !!! that is a good price and you won't be disapointed.......it you don't like it I'll buy it from you....... :lol:

3. squirrelpotpie

squirrelpotpie Premium Member

Shot a G20, G29 and a desert eagle a couple of months ago on a range trip with a well equipped friend. The G29 was a blast to shoot and I could actually hit stuff with it, so the accuracy seemed OK but after about two mags the webbing of my hand was starting to get pink and the recoil was not something you would want to experience for extended shooting. But I would have to say it was a lot of fun in small doses and there should be a picture of it in the dictionary under hand cannon.

Try to find an opportunity to shoot one before you commit, seemed like it would make a great carry weapon to me but my friend said he didn't carry his very often because it was relatively thick for its size.

4. bigbob68

bigbob68 Guest

Probably one of the best, ammo is expensive unless you reload. I have the 30 and the 29 was my first choice but I am a fan of the 45acp. Double tap ammo has the best ammo for the 10mm. Mark at Summit has a good rep on the internet but not so if you live 5 minutes from him as he does not handle any FTF deals. That sucks for me as I have bought 4 guns in the last 5 months and would of liked to use him but he has switched to internet only.

5. breechplug

breechplug Guest

I'm pretty sure the G-29 is going to be my next pistol I've been reading alot but still want to shoot one first.I don't think the recoil will be a problem as my favorite handgun is my 5" S&W 629 SS classic. :lol:

6. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

I just picked up a G29 a few weeks ago and I'm really looking forward to shooting it. I put Pearce plus zero grip extensions on all five of my mags so I'm good to go. I'll also fit a few G20 mags with grip adapters for higher capacity, although ten is plenty. Ammo is expensive but this gun will be more of a treat to shoot and may well become my carry gun. When I bought my G36 the G30 was in the running, and except for caliber they are the same, but, 10mm will be a real fun time! Georgia Arms Canned Heat should take a bit of sting out of the expense of the ammo at $130 per 500 and $225 per thousand.

Everyone tells me that the G29 is about as good as a Glock gets.

Buzz

7. bazzo

bazzo New Member

Glock 29 .....until Steyr makes a 10mm!!