From Russia, With Love?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Netfotoj, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Retired Marine Col. Oliver North writes about the source of much more dangerous weapons than sniper rifles being used against our troops in Iraq. Where’s the outrage?

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/OliverNorth/2007/02/23/lions,_bears_and_birds

With "friends" like Putin and Russia, we don't need any enemies.

2. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

what do you expect of a ex kgb agent
    he has done good job rebuilding Russia back into a dominating power

supposedly russia sold quite a bit of gear to Iraq and may have helped with movement of WMD's.
    some of the gear rumored to include radar to see stealth fighters and night vision goggles. radar didnt seem to do any good. iraqi navy needs glass bottom boats to see the airforce after US got done with it. though was a few burried in the sand unused for some reason. must of been a smart pilot. probably blamed it on a sandstorm.

3. Wow,

Is the United States State Department talking about US Sanctions against Russian companies related to their arms industry????

NO?

Hmm, because I seem to remember our State Department threatening Steyr Mannlicher with heavy sanctions.

:roll:

Guess it is ok to pick on some company in little old Austria, but its all about diplomacy and outreach with the Russian.

4. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

It's payback for the Stingers we gave the Afghani's in the 80's to kill the Russians.

The Stingers were a big reason the Russians lost.

5. WorldPax

WorldPax Guest

Exactly what I was going to point out.

6. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Chinese rockets from Iran found in Iraq

More evidence that the Cold War is far from over: Our Chinese “friends” selling rockets to Iran which are used in Iraq to kill our troops.

(And if I might add, yet another arms cache from Iran that DOES NOT include any Steyr sniper rifles.)

Read the whole story here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/26/world/middleeast/26weapons.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&th&emc=th