Fred Thompson

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Buzz, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Has anyone else noticed that Presidential candidate Fred Thompson expresses his unqualified support for the Second Amendment every chance he gets? Does any other candidate even come close to Fred in his support for the Second Amendment?

Obviously, I'm with Fred.

Buzz

2. socofn

socofn New Member

That makes at least 2 of us. JP

3. QPluralisT

QPluralisT Guest

If Fred can Do the Freddy!! I'll vote for him unconditionally, haha. (I really hope he picks that as a campaign song)

Once he starts acting like a candidate I'll treat him like one.

4. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Don't count on Fred to tow the line. That's not what he's about.

BTW, how does one act like a candidate?

Buzz

5. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

So.....

What are WE gonna do to make Fred our Next President???????

6. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Since he's declared himself to be a candidate I believe that's the idea.

I know, the Second Amendment is only one issue, but in the end it may well be the single most important issue. If there is another candidate who supports the Second Amendment I would like to know who that is.

Hillary? Edwards? Obama? Now way. Typical antis.

Gulliani? No way. He wants licensing and registration. Gun ownership would cease being a right and would become a privilege given and taken by the government. Romney? No way, he's a pandering flip-flop who supported the Brady Bill and the "assault weapon" ban no matter what he's saying now. McCain. No way, he's a sellout (McCain-Lierberman).

Buzz

7. madecov

madecov Active Member

Fred is basically a constitutionalist . He believes in the sovereignty of the US and has stated we need a fence to keep illegals out. he doesn't care for the anchor baby.

he's a true Reagan style conservative.

He may not be able to win but he gets my vote I can't stand the others.

8. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Well said.

I know of a group of Washington insiders who have predicted presidential elections for years with amazing accuracy, 100% accuracy. Their stong prediction is that Thompson takes it.

As to the importance of the Second Amendment as a presidential issue, we stand at a crossroads. If a weak Republican gets in, or a Democrat, kiss the Second Amendment goodbye. The precedent that will be set by negating one of the Bill of Rights will be too hard for government to resist, and it will be the loss of the one crucial Amendment that is designed to protect against the infringement by government upon the rest. Those rights are not bestowed upon us, so when push comes to shove government has little use for them and only comes to see them as hamstringing their ability to do whatever it is that government does. Now more than ever the Constitutionalist that Madecov aptly describes is absolutely essential for this nation to remain as a free nation.

I'll climb down off my soapbox now, but please, when Fred Thompson climbs up on his, listen to what he has to say.

Buzz

9. Dobry

Dobry Guest

I've already contributed to his Fred's 'testing the waters' campaign. I think he's a straight-shooter and one of the more honest, common-sense- candidates to come along in awhile.

10. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

Well, then......

Howz he gonna win the Presidency????

We all know honest candidates don't make it that far......

Kinda discouraging.....

:? :?

11. Buzz

Buzz Premium Member

Unfortunately you raise a good point.

We shall see.

Buzz

12. Dobry

Dobry Guest

Never give up hope! :wink: :lol:

13. babj615

babj615 Premium Member

..not giving up hope.....

...but Hope wont elect him either!!!!!!!

babj615 ---> wants to be a lil more pro-active......

...the next 20+ years of 2A may depend on it.....

:wink: :wink:

14. BulletBait

BulletBait New Member

BullShit!!!!!
    The establishment vomits that meme every chance they get just to cover their pandering asses.

Reagan won by huge margins.

ETA: pic for edited word
    [​IMG]

15. DocChronos

DocChronos Premium Member

I wonder whether you want to hear from an “old dog” who has fought the political fight for many years. I am involved at the national level (primarily money and time), state level (support, endorse, and work for successful Senate and House candidates), and local level (elected to city council in city of 60,000, founder of the most active community service group in city history, developed a “candidates school” to teach people how to run for office).

You want to know how to get Fred Thompson elected to the presidency? You get out and work your butts off for him. There is always a huge need for money, but there is even a bigger need for workers, people who will call voters for the candidate, who will speak to groups, who will pound signs in the ground. It is boots on the ground, folks, that is what takes elections.

I recall someone on this forum complaining about crooked politicians. You want to know how to keep ‘em straight? Work for them, demand of them, hold their feet to the fire. I can tell you that I snap to and salute when a citizen calls and demands action. Not because they can hurt me, but because that is my pledge to them: I will represent them to the best of my ability.

WA State is becoming a California North, with liberal politicians from the Seattle Metroplex area controlling state policy, but the candidates I support are conservative second amendment supporters. They know that I will hold their feet to the fire on certain issues, and if I think they are waffling, I look ‘em in the eye and remind them of who they represent (and I can tell you, it is never a problem).

Fred Thompson is no different. Get involved in his campaign. Call his national and local office. No local office? Start one. The only way to get your way is to get involved, get in the mix, and be ready to promote your values. In the end, it is all about values. What matters to you? Put your shoulder to the wheel and start pushing. Now quitcherbitchen and get to work.

Doc

16. TheGuyver

TheGuyver New Member

I've always liked Fred Thompson, and I'd vote for him in a heart beat. But don't get me wrong, I don't believe him to be a Chaotic Honest Do Gooder. He is human, and I'm sure he knows how the 'You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours' political machine works. And I'm sure he has used it from time to time, but his beliefs on a majority of the issues fall in line with mine... so to me, he is the lesser of all the evils running. (Much lesser)

I've never donated to a campaign before, but I'd donate to Fred.

17. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

[​IMG]

A lot of pundits are already ridiculing Fred for trying to be Reagan II. What's wrong with that?

Someone mentioned Reagan today when Fred's name came up and I had to say that Reagan was the best president we've had since... who? Teddy Roosevelt? FDR led us to victory in WWII, but we're still paying the bills for his "New Deal." Washington, Jefferson, Adams I and II? Maybe you have to go back that far to find a president who really believed and practiced the bedrock values of liberty upon which our republic was founded.

Fred may not be Reagan II, but he's one H--- of a lot closer than anybody else in the race. A Massachusetts Mormon? A cross-dressing Noo Yawk City anti-gun mayor? And the rest of the dwarfs in current politics?

I like Fred and mainly because I believe he can beat Hillary, he's got my vote. :mrgreen:

18. MrApathy

MrApathy Active Member

part of being a good actor is having fools

you havent researched thompson enough and no he hasnt supported the second ammendment anywhere near I prefer.
    I found him to be a dismal senator and a dismal president.

no he is not a constitutionalist. not even close.

please dont compare him to Reagan, Reagan was a Libertarian Republican.

Thompson is in bed with Liberal special interest organizations ie Council Foreign Relations and American Enterprise Institute that do nothing but push a disasterous foreign policy which creates blowback which requires more intervention with spending of money we dont have allowing government bureaucracy to expand and wasteful spending to skyrocket.

when the country needed Republican leadership to get things done with the true war on Terror ie Al Qaeda not this bullshit detour in
    Iraq where did Fred Go? he cut and run he wasnt interested in sticking around when the country needed him.
    It didnt suit him then and I dont want it to suit him down go retire.

where are our secure borders? national concealed carry? anybody want some post 1986 machine guns??? wasnt he around when the AWB was in place and before it elapsed how about speed up the process for us and get that thing trashed when he was in office.

besides the man was a lobbyist for years and he supports dictactors sorry if you like him as a candidate you dont know anything about him.
    I like him as a actor but not for president of the US.

sorry I prefer Ronald Paul

in 1976 Ron Paul was one of 4 congressmen to support Ronald Reagan bid for president
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. SELFDEFENSE

SELFDEFENSE Premium Member

I would love to support a Libertarian, but Paul has blown his own brains out on a naive isolationist policy at the beginning of WWIII (or WWIV depending on how you classify the Cold War).

20. Netfotoj

Netfotoj Premium Member

Fred's stump speech has already emerged. Here's his themes:

Who else is even mentioning gun rights on the campaign trail? I haven't heard a peep out of anybody else.

[​IMG]
    Republican Presidential candidate and former U.S. Senator Fred Thompson (R-TN) speaks with patrons at Bob's Drive Inn in Le Mars, Iowa, September 7, 2007. REUTERS/John Gress (UNITED STATES)

http://www.townhall.com/news/politi...ompson_warns_of_al-qaida_threats_in_us?page=1