Steyr Club Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been scouring the web for more info on this, does anyone know the backstory on the Frankensteyrs? Mine is one of the
PW Arms imports. Year code SOF. I have the M9 slide with the old extractor, the new frame with the rail. Serial number is in the 040 range, so are this refurbs? The frame has a matching serial to the barrel and slide, so it would seem so. Any additional info as to who the original buyers were supposed to be, etc, would be appreciated. Curiosity killed the cat :)

Cheers!

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I've been scouring the web for more info on this, does anyone know the backstory on the Frankensteyrs? Mine is one of the
PW Arms imports. Year code SOF. I have the M9 slide with the old extractor, the new frame with the rail. Serial number is in the 040 range, so are this refurbs? The frame has a matching serial to the barrel and slide, so it would seem so. Any additional info as to who the original buyers were supposed to be, etc, would be appreciated. Curiosity killed the cat :)

Cheers!

Rob
NOT a refurb, etc.

When Steyr redesigned the Grip, they still had Slides in inventory without the -A1 suffix. The initial run of M-A1 pistols were assembled with non-A1 marked slides, but rest assured, they are no different than the -A1 marked slides beyond the markings!

No issues with your Steyr, if the numbers all match, you have all original equipment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts