Found Another Holster That Fits

Discussion in 'Holsters' started by revchuck, Oct 20, 2005.

1. revchuck

revchuck New Member

Folks - I posted on the main forum for the first time about a week ago, and one of the concerns was that I couldn't find a production holster for my new-to-me M40. Well, I found one - a Galco Yaqui Slide, part number YAQ202. It doesn't list the Steyr among the guns it fits; it says it's for a Beretta 92, but has a long list of other pistols on the label. I took a chance and ordered it, and I lucked out. Since the Steyr's trigger guard is relatively narrow, you have to screw in the adjustment screws a good bit to aid in retention, and doing so brings the butt of the gun in closer to your side. This makes the gun easier to conceal, and also means that it meets the holster rules for IDPA (the butt can't be more than 3/4" from your body). The only bad part is that it's a Yaqui slide, which means eventually I'll probably catch the muzzle on the arm of a chair when sitting down and lever the gun out of the holster. It'll do until I get a pancake holster for it, though.

2. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

Galco does list a holster for the Steyr if you go to the main website........I think it is a pancake hoster, but not the Yaqui slide....but I imagine that would work good.........there are tons of holsters in the Web links section.

3. revjen45

revjen45 Member

I have found a multi-use holster that works well for me, can't say about IDPA conformance. It is a Hunter 1502-0, 9720. I got it for $30 at the same gun show I bought my S9. I think the butt is within 3/4 of my body, but that might not be the case if I were skinny. I have carried it everywhere I go wearing a sport shirt to cover it. Any minor bulge could be a cell phone. In any case no one has screamed "He's got a gun!!" I have 2 magazines in my left ft pocket oriented so I can pull them out positioned properly for insertion. I also have a compact .45 of about the same size and weight as the S9, but I choose to carry the Steyr. The Steyr must be an exceptional piece because I have never been a fan of the 9X19mm but I sure love this one. It is a trust your life to it gun.

4. revchuck

revchuck New Member

They do, but it's a thumb break, and I'm easily confused. :p None of my carry holsters have any straps like that.

5. Shooter

Shooter Premium Member

I know the feeling, that's why I didn't get it .................. :lol: